Chapter Twenty-One: Gifts, Surprises, and Fun

After I slept for, I think, forty-five minutes, I decided to try and sew a tie for Elias. It'll be perfect for prom!

"What's up sis?" Brandon said, appearing from behind me.

"Prom gift, for Elias," I replied.

"Well, prom is not until April as far as I know. But Valentine's Dance is coming up," he stated.

"Wait, Valentine's Dance? I didn't even know!" I exclaimed. "But... I thought the Christmas Ball was coming up?"

"It is, but save the tie for the dance." he remarked.

"Man, I better get to work..." I muttered.

* * *

Carter's POV

I don't even know why Chelsea would bring me over to the Snowflake River, but I know she is up to something.

"There's a secret I have to tell you," she said. "Would you like me to say it? I don't know if you'll be mad or whatnot."

"Are you sure? I don't think I trust you enough for you to say something to me." I said.

"Hear me out." then she paused for what felt like an hour. "I'm moving..."

"Wait, why?" I asked curiously.

"My dad, I thought it was going to be just us and my nine-year-old sister after my mom died but, he remarried," she spoke the words out. "And to be honest, I don't think it is school without you guys to mess around with, especially you, which brings me to another something to say."

"And what's that?" I said.

"I have a crush on you."

* * *

Kayla's POV

"Dye pink!" I chanted, then colorless sparks appeared in my hand and I let the plain white tie absorb the sparks. It turned rosy pink.

"Perfect, now I just have to get it in a box..." I muttered to myself.

"Whatcha doing Kayla?" a familiar British-accented voice asked.

"Whoa! Oh, hey Elias!" I exclaimed in surprise, but I luckily succeeded in hiding the tie in my pocket.

"What's in your pocket?" he asked.

"Oh, nothing! Anyways, you're cooking dinner right?" I said, changing the subject.

"Yes, roast steak galore! Perfectly rare," he said.

"Erm... I don't think any of us want some steak that's cooked rare..." I rolled my eyes. "Most of us like it cooked medium."

"Oh okay..." then I heard him mutter "damn you werewolf instincts..." under his breath.

When he is back cooking in the kitchen, I continued my work.

"Gift box!" I chanted quietly, then I imagined a forest green and pink box big enough to fit a tie inside, and that imagination came to life. "There we go."

Then I heard loud voices outside. Carter and Chelsea, I think... and wait, they're holding hands?

"Surprised much?" Chelsea teased.

"I'm too confused... what just... happened... with you two?" I stuttered.

"You know what," Carter smirked.

"You're dating?!" I exclaimed.

"Yep," they said in unison.

"Were you all at the Snowflake River just a few minutes ago?" Elias asked from the kitchen.

"Yes, do you want to know? Oh wait, you already know." Carter laughed softly.

"Elias, did I miss something here?" I asked.

"Do you want me to tell what happened?" he asked the two.

"Yeah sure. We can't lie to you anyways." Carter nodded.

"So, here's what happened. For some reason, Chelsea wanted to bring Carter to the Snowflake River, alone. I think I was there too so, I actually saw everything." Elias explained.

"Seriously?" Chelsea said, wide-eyed.

"I don't know how many times I said this but... werewolf instincts." he rolled his eyes. "Anyways, I heard that Chelsea is going to move somewhere (probably back to Milwaukee I think) and she admitted she had a crush on Carter. After that, they just... hang out together."

"Well, you're pretty much the official stalker of the group now, given your part-mnemokinesis ability and werewolf abilities or whatever you call it." I shrugged.

Then Elias sniffed the air. "Oh! Steak's ready, and I'm perfectly sure it is cooked medium well."

"Hope it is, I'm hungry," Brandon said, coming out of his room.

"And P.S. I'm moving to Carter's room," Chelsea added.

"Oh great..." Carter muttered under his breath.

"Elias, I'll freeze you to death if you cook it wrong... Kidding!" I teased.

"Do you really have to do that Kayla?" Elias chuckled.

And we all laughed.