Chapter Fifteen: Rebuilding the Ice Realm

"So, you all know the plan right?" Brandon asked all of us.

"Yes, Kayla Mae Williams and Elias Theodore Merritt-­Sangster will rebuild the ice, Carter John Gray will help build safe houses, I'll do the barrier, and Brandon Edward Williams will monitor what we do. We got it..." Chelsea recited.

"Okay, we get it, Chelsea. You don't need to use our full names for this..." I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"Hello? Just to make sure everyone really gets it." she shot back.

"Girls, we don't want to argue... Now can we just go do our thing?" Carter rolled his eyes too.

"Fine." Chelsea crossed her arms.

"Now that there are no more interruptions, let's start." Brandon finally continued.

Everyone split up into the job they were supposed to do. Brandon is out there helping Chelsea and Carter get situated and I'm here trying to help Elias get situated.

"So Kayla, what do we do first?" he asked.

"Right now, we don't really need anything except our kinetic energy. First, let's scan the realm to see if there are any melted parts. When we know which parts are melted, we need to collect some ocean water, connect them to the melted parts and freeze them in place. Let's go!" I said.

* * *

"Locate." Elias chanted. A map of the Ice Realm appeared in front of us and I saw several red dots throughout the whole map. I counted them out.

"I think there are about seven of those dots. Two of them on the edges, three in some caverns, and the rest in open fields. We probably need to summon transportation to reach all those points." I said.

"Agreed. Let's start at the dot near the center. We'll see how we fare in an open field,with almost no rivers and stuff." he suggested.

"Hoverboard." I chanted. I focused on thinking what the hoverboard I want will look like, which is just... plain ice sheets. Yeah... I want a hoverboard that looks like it was made out of sheets of ice. As expected, the hoverboard that I wanted appeared in front of me.

"That's pretty cool," Elias commented on my hoverboard.

"And are you thinking of trying to summon a jet ski that can travel on land and water?" I smirked.

"How did you know?" he exclaimed.

"Considering your kinetic ability, I figured that water people like you love riding on jet skis," I explained. And I didn't actually read your mind.

"Jet ski..." He sighed, then chanted. After a few seconds, a forest green jet ski appeared, and from the looks of it, it was floating. "Come on."

I followed Elias to where the red dot was in the real realm. As expected, it was an open field and the ground was full of snow; well, was full of snow.

"How do we do this?" Elias asked as we dismounted our rides.

I scanned the area. "There are lots of puddles and sodden ground where the ice and snow used to be. In some spots, the permafrost is wearing off. I suggest we need to freeze the water and summon some water droplets and freeze them to replace the snow that was here. It's probably going to take a lot of energy."

"That'll be fine. Let's do it." Elias replied.

Together, we helped rebuild the area. Elias morphed the puddles into giant water droplets and I froze them and let them crash into the ground to make snow. We also refroze the puddles to replace the ice that was there.

"Freeze." I chanted as I focused my energy to a few puddles that I'm trying to freeze.

"Morph." Elias chanted as he morphed the water from the ground into more droplets and snow­looking piles. "This is fun!"

"Hopefully, the others are doing well..." I said.

* * *

Carter's POV

It has been some time since I built several safe houses in places where I thought the ice will be able to hold a lot of weight. Most of them are near the center of the realm but there are a few bordering the most populated areas. Now, I just got to notify the creatures that the safe houses are open for everyone...

"Carter!" I heard a voice call out.

"Oh hey Brandon, I was just about to call out to the creatures that the safe houses are open," I said.

"Let me help. With fire alone, I doubt they'll trust the message. If we apply air, then I'm sure they will trust it." he said. "Ready?"

"Messenger!" both of us chanted and a misty cloud appeared in front of us.

I started to speak in the message. "Creatures of the Ice Realm, this is Carter and Brandon speaking..."

"...We are pleased to tell you that the safe houses are open for your safety. It can be found in these locations..." Brandon picked up where I left off and we recited the locations of the safe houses. There are about six in all around the Ice Realm by the way.

"...And cut!" I announced after a few minutes of talking. "That's some nice teamwork there. It was also a good idea to tell some of the fairies to go ahead and help Chelsea with the barrier."

"Even if she thinks she can do stuff by herself, she may need some help. I'll go ahead and check on her. Make sure everyone is settled in the safe houses alright?" he commented.

"Sure." I nodded and went back to work.

* * *

Chelsea's POV

"Jetpack!" I chanted and soon enough, I was up in the air with a white jetpack on my back.

"Total Barrier!" I put out both of my hands out and focused on my energy doing its job. A barrier, that's pretty good...

"Hi Miss Chelsea!" a high-pitched voice called out.

"WHAT?! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?" I screamed out and I frantically looked for where the voice is coming from.

"Calm down Miss Chelsea!" the voice said.

"Stop calling me 'Miss Chelsea'! Please show yourself! And who sent you here?" I exclaimed starting to panic.

Then I saw a person the size of my hand. Well actually, I think I see hundreds of them when there's only one! I have an intense urge to slap it on the spot... Get away from me!

"I ask you again Miss Chelsea, please calm down." The figure said.

"Okay fine, I'm calm." I gritted my teeth to try and seal out my anger. I'm still not used to these people...

"And let us introduce ourselves, we're fairies!" it continued.

"But... there's only you here..." I stammered.

"And that is where you've mistaken Miss Chelsea." it said.

Then suddenly as if that one little thing had called them many other fairies appeared.

"Oh... my... gee..." I muttered in surprise not believing my eyes.

"Barrier!" they all chanted. I observed what they were doing and they were doing exactly what I was trying to do! I told y'all, I can do this myself!

I groaned and did the same. Brandon, Carter, I hate you all... though you both are cute.