Chapter Eighteen: Werewolf Attack

There were howls everywhere below me. I felt like one of them is going to shoot up into the sky and bite me dead on the spot, and I knew from the phoenix that they don't follow the rules all the time. Carter and I looked at each other, then we flew down into the forest to see what's happening.

"What are the wolves doing?" I whispered.

"They're mutating. The full moon is where they are at their strongest, and when they are at their most reckless. They'll try to kill you instantly if they see you." Carter said. "Come on."

I followed Carter's rocket shoes into the dark forest. There were a lot of twists and turns and ups and downs everywhere. At last, we reached the edge of the clearing. This is where Elias and I had out first date at! And our date spot was full of werewolves mutating at every corner. For some reason, I could understand what they were saying.

"Ah, the full moon. I love it." one wolf said.

"Tell me about it. Even if I am a few months older than you, I still hate mutating into this form." another wolf said.

"Praise the moon! Now let's go find our prey..." a wolf bigger than the others said.

I think he's an Alpha, according to books about wolves... Wait no, they're werewolves! I thought.

I was so terrified that I made a little squeak.

"Did you hear that?" one werewolf said, sniffing around.

Some other werewolves followed his lead and sniffed the air.

"Yeah, I can smell her from here. I know where she is!" the werewolf that was at the edge of the forest, near where we are, said.

I nudged Carter. "Carter, they're looking for us. What do we do?"

"They're going to attack in about a second. Stay near me, for now, Kayla, I'm going to try and get the others here." he quietly replied.

I heard growls from around us. I locked my arm around Carter's, in case he decides to go flight mode at the last minute. The next thing that happened...

"Ooh! It's not just the girl... She's with a boyfriend!" the werewolf teased.

Boyfriend? These werewolves aren't perspective at all.... I thought, rolling my eyes.

"Let's get them!" the Alpha said.

"Charge!" all the wolves howled in unison and pounced at us.

"Kayla, get down!" Carter exclaimed. "Fireball!"

As soon as I ducked, Carter hurled a fireball at one of the wolves, which held it back for a second before resuming its course.

"How do I do attack commands like that?" I asked.

"Just say anything, anything you want to do as long as it relates to your type of kinetic energy!" he replied.

I removed my arm from Carter's and I quickly thought of an attack.

"Icicle darts!" I chanted and darts sprang out as fast as lightning from my palm. I didn't know what to do at first so, most of the darts missed the werewolves. To be precise, there were about four werewolves attacking us.

"Focus on what you want to hit!" Carter advised. "Fiery lightning!"

As Carter summoned a few lightning bolts made out of fire, I thought of another attack.

"Frozen Blades!" I chanted. Two blades appeared out of thin air and slashed one of the weaker wolves of the pack. Got one!

Soon, we were engaged in a battle. The werewolves were trying hard to get their jaws on us and we were trying hard to evade them.