Chapter Nine: A "Cray-cray and Creepy" Night - Aftermath

Last night was pretty insane. Seriously, I wouldn't expect someone, like Elias, to wake me up from a nightmare at 3:00 am and finding out that he has a little bit of mnemokinesis from his uncle. Well, it's actually a habit to be insane when someone wakes me up in the middle of the night, especially if it's a bad nightmare. In the end, I didn't get any sleep, at all. At least I'm sane now...

I rolled over on my bed and looked at the clock. It read 7:30 am .

Wait... 7:30 am? Oh man, I gotta get up! I thought.

I raced out of bed and got changed. I ended up putting on a plain white shirt with a DKNY­ brand turtleneck pullover, a pair of jeans, and a pair of beige colored ankle boots. Well, that ended up being an autumn outfit, not surprisingly, considering the time I had left to dress up. I thought as I inspected my outfit. To complete it, I quickly combed my hair, packed my phone and some other stuff in my sling bag and raced downstairs. Sandra was the only one down there so far.

"Where are those boys?" I asked, talking about where Carter and Elias are.

"They hadn't woken up yet... let me wake them." Sandra said, then she turned to the stairs. I covered my ears as I got ready for her loud call.

"YOU SLEEPYHEADS, WAKE UP! YOU'RE BOTH LATE FOR CLASS!"

Then I heard screams, thuds, and some scrambling around, and a big thud. I could immediately imagine Carter and Elias waking up, running around the room screaming, bumping into each other hard, and falling onto the ground, hard. I really feel sorry for them... especially at 7:40 in the morning.

Both of them came down the stairs with their hair disheveled but ready to go, after about five minutes. They were also pretty beaten up.

"I don't even know what happened to our alarm clocks..." Carter said.

"I think for some reason, none of us even set the alarm for today..." Elias replied. "At least we're all awake and sane."

"True." I agreed with him.

"Bad news is that.... both of you will have to run today while Kayla gets to ride her bike to school." Sandra chimed in.

"Why?" Elias asked.

"If you ever thought of staying up late yesterday, you could've ridden your bikes here but...I guess that visit yesterday to Brandon's was unexpected," she said. "Anyways, you have about 15 minutes to get to your homerooms. Let's go!"

Then she pushed us out of the door, brought my bike out, shut the door, and locked it. That went way too fast... I thought. Then came an awkward silence. Nobody broke it until.....

"Race you all to class!" Elias said, sprinting away.

"Elias, nobody said you could get a head start!" Carter shouted back and ran after him.

"Well, people these days..." I muttered to myself, calmly mounting my bike and followed after them.

* * *

A/N: Guys, I wanted to ask y'all a question. In the last chapter, it was revealed that Elias has a bit of "mnemokinesis" due to an indirect inheritance from his uncle. Take a guess, how did he inherit that "bit?" Was it coincidence or is it something else? Comment below!

* * *

Character Card by: Me