Chapter Twenty: An Unexpected Second Date

A few days later after the werewolf incident, all of us are able to complete the rest of the jobs. Now, there's only one thing left to do...

"We need to preserve the Ice Realm so it will not melt for a long time. At least we won't disturb the werewolves too..." I said.

"That's a good idea. The bad news is that it is going to take about twenty-four hours to preserve the whole realm. And we only have five out of ten days left. Are you up for magic eight hours a day?" Brandon said.

"Sure," Carter said.

"I don't care, at least I had my beauty sleep yesterday." Chelsea shrugged.

"Zzzzz..." then I heard Elias snore.

"...while one of us didn't," she added.

"Wait... he was awake a minute ago, what happened?" Carter asked, surprised.

"Elias, wake up!" I started to shake him awake.

"What the? Wait, what did I miss?" Elias shot up with wide eyes.

"Did you even hear anything?" I asked.

"Yes, we have to work eight hours a day to preserve the Ice Realm so it won't have a chance to melt again for a long time. I'll agree with that." Elias said in a matter-of-factly tone.

"Wow, that was supernatural hearing there..." Carter said.

"I told you guys, someone who is a werewolf has improved senses, even when they're asleep," Brandon said.

"Well, I'm increasingly tired now. Wake me up after four hours. Zzzzz...." Elias said, then he went back to sleep.

"Is he going to be like this every day?" Chelsea asked.

"Only after he transforms. The next time the sleeping thing will happen is a few days after the full moon. I'm not sure how he would be able to excuse himself from class every month now that he is a full-on werewolf." Brandon replied. "Anyways, we'll see how the preservation goes. Most likely we'll start tomorrow, and you're in charge to try and keep Elias awake the whole way alright?"

"Okay." I nodded.

"Anyways, y'all are free to do whatever you want. Nothing to do here..." he said to the rest.

"Okay, I'll see you all at dinner. Come with me Carter, let's check out the Snowflake River!" Chelsea said, dragging Carter with her.

"Chelsea wait!" Carter exclaimed.

I shook my head and (unconsciously) smiled a little. Man, she's clingy...

"I'm going to take a nap too," I said while I set my alarm on my phone for four hours from now. "See you."

"Have a nice nap sis." Brandon waved.

* * *

This nap was a dreamless one. For some reason, this pillow right beside me is really soft and warm. I hugged it and kept it as close to me as I could. This smells a lot like Elias...

"Hey Kayla..." the pillow said in Elias's voice. Wait, what?

Before I was able to sit up, an arm went around and trapped me down on the bed. The least I could do is to open my eyes. The only thing I could see is skin. I felt my eyes go wide in surprise.

"Wait, I don't think you're usually shirtless when you sleep right? And, erm, why are you in my bed?" I asked.

"I just felt like it. And for the shirtless part, I don't even know... Werewolf instinct maybe?" he replied. "By the way, you look pretty cute when you sleep. Oh and, I turned off your alarm."