Chapter 8: Phone Call

Chapter 8

Recap:Ren picked me up and heaved me onto Magic's silky back. I walked over to the beautiful spring as Ren mounted Poko. I stole a glance at him and he flashed me a dazzling smile as we plunged into the chilly spring. At that moment I decided I wanted our wedding here, the amazing spring, smell of horses, long swaying grass, and the man I loved beside me. It was perfect, but a perfect moment never lasts.......

Sage's P.O.V: As we sunk into the chilly water, and Magic began to swim, my phone on the picnic blanket began to ring. No one ever calls me, unless it's bad. I gave Ren a sad look and he nodded his head, giving me permission. I hated to ruin this moment. I hopped off of Magic's back, leaving him confused and swimming in circles. Once I got to my phone I grabbed it with a towel careful not to wet it. "hello?" I asked into the phone. "Sage? Where are you? I need you at the barn pronto!" says Hannah in a panicked voice. Oh crap! " yes mam" I rushed out she ended the call and Ren was already at my side with the horses. " my boss called and it didn't sound good so we will have to leave the saddles here and ride bare back to the barn." I said trying to stay calm. A bunch of we scenarios were going on in my head- Did I feed a horse the wrong feed and they collicled? Did I forget to shut a stall door and a horse got out and injured? I was at a full gallop toward the barn with Ren and Poko trailing along behind. When I got to the barn I was not prepared for what I saw....

Ren's P.O.V: We were in the water high enough to were the horses were swimming. I herd a ringing and thought it was my own phone but when I turned around on top of Poko I saw Sage asking me with her eyes if she could answer it. I gave a slight nod, and moved to grab Magic after Sage slid off of him. Once I got him I looked at Sage and she looked worried I started toward her with both the horses in tow. I was behind her when she choked out " yes mam" into the phone then told me we needed to get to the barn because her boss called her and it sounded bad. I helped her up and kissed her cheek, but she was already overcome in worry. She was already trotting toward the barn when I mounted Poko. I was worried about her, and her career, she's fought for it all and it would send her over the edge to lose it all now. Snapping out of my thought I pushed Poko into a gallop to keep up with Sage and Magic. She was going dangerously fast with no saddle or stirrups. Sage got to the barn right before me and I could see her body go stiff at the sight before her. When I rounded the corner to see what it was I was taken aback, and anger and sadness overtook me.....

ok this was just sort of a filler cause i'v been busy getting ready for school and compition. next chapters will be normal length:) COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT:) VOTE FAN:)