Chapter 20: Oh No

From now on it's Sages POV, the horses actions will display her moods and thoughts. Right now it's easier for me to write from a humans POV:) thanks everyone!

Chapter 20

Recap:

I smiled taking the bucket and kissing Ren on the cheek. I ran to her stall and she bellowed a whinny to me and snorted. I patted her face and have her the feed. Letting myself into her stall I grabbed a brush from my tack trunk. I brushed her slowly and she nickered and munched. Nudging me occasionally. This was the life. Everything's okay.

She moved swiftly, yet oh so carefully brushing over the young mare. I watched her with the feed buckets in my hand. I loved her. She was my soon to be wife. We are both so young. Was I making the right decision? My mother shunned me for it, though she was the one who matched us. Karma if you ask me. Sage was my spitfire. My first and last love. We were going to make it. I headed toward the back pastures, the sun shining as brightly as the big smile plastered on my face. Sage was my fiancé.

As I finished brushing Easter I gave her hay while I grabbed my saddle. The fences needed to be checked. Ren was saddling up Magic and smiled to me. Great mines think alike. I thought to myself with a smirk. I patted Easters buckskin shoulder and threw her green saddle pad that we won last year at eventing competition. It was a small very low jumping setup but she took it like a pro. I smiled and traced the eventing horse stitched on. I heaved my black saddle over and clipped on the girth. Lets go girl. I whispered and grabbed my helmet. Yes Ren requires I always wear a helmet. He's so worried ill fall and hurt my brain or something. I smirk when I see him. He's so beautiful. He smiles at me on top of his trusty steed, Magic. I swing up on to Easter and she huffs. I pat her neck and grab the reins. I get comfortable and me, Ren, Easter and Magic are off. No one says anything at first. Just silence, but a comfortable silence. Easter walked quietly as I stopped occasionally and me and Ren worked on a loose fence post. We walked until the fence ended. Ren turned to me, smiling evilly. "What?" I said. He was planning something. " Race ya to the spring." Was all he said and he took off. Easter wanted to go but I held her three seconds and let her go. Her muscles bunched up underneath me and her speed whipped around my face wind burning my face that chilly morning. We galloped easily catching up to Ren and magic. Easter had thoroughbred silly boys. I thought and laughed. I evened out with Ren and his face was pure shock. And a lot of concentration. He forgot Magic was a Arabian. Ha! I let Easter meet Magics eyes and she pinned her ears for a spilt second and I let her go all the way. We had to be going at least 40 mph. I was exicted, contempt, happy, and scared for my life all at the same time. We made it to the clearing before the spring and I circled Easter and stopped her to wait on Ren. We were both panting but Easter was Anxious to go again. I patted her. Me too girl. Me too. I saw Magic and Ren round the corner, Magics tail flagging and Ren leaning forward to gain speed. I giggled and Ren circled me. He grabbed Easter and ponied her to Magic. Then he grabbed for me. I inched away, and so did Easter. Ren grumbles and grabbed my hips pulling me out of the and ploping me in his. I laughed and he tried to kiss me while I wiggled about. He grabbed my face and kissed me deeply. I kissed him back. Then he layered them down my neck. I moaned and grabbed his hair. Stop. I pushed him away and swing onto Easter. " I love you." He said. I unhooked Easter and rounded the corner to see a beautiful horse on the ground. I got off and ran to the animal as it scrambled to its overgrown feet failing miserably. Oh my god. I took the rope Ren had and sat next to the beautiful grey dappled horse. Looked to be appendix and some Arabian. She was gorgeous even with all her cuts and injuries. "Go call the vet." Ren hesitated and looped Easter to a tree. " be careful." He said and took off. I walked the pitiful horse to the ranch slowly and painfully. Easter followed easily. The grey Mare protested a bit but was to weak to show her usual spunk. Her eyes where barely open. Oh please let her live. I repeated over and over. She flung her head at me with teeth shown. Easter jumped but I just flinched and pushed her away. She was scared. " I'm trying to help you." I pleaded. I began singing the song my grandma used to sing to me before bed, 'I Want You' by Kelly Clarkson. She calmed and walked quietly. I was already in love with her. She has to make it. She has to.