Chapter 3: Icy Shadow

Caleb Elric Basques

I woke up on my apartment like whatever happened earlier was seems like just a dream but when I looked to my clothing and the shoes, it wasn't a dream.

"That shadow...and icy eyes..." I mumbled then I sighed as I find myself need to take a shower just to relaxed a bit.

When I went off the bathroom, I suddenly felt some shivering sensation behind me that made me turned around but no one was there. This was the first time, I got the feeling someone was watching me. I shook my head and went to my couch to sleep this Goosebumps' feelings but my mind still wondered off somewhere – that scenery then I fell asleep.

Tomorrow morning, everything was normal and same old routine but there was something different around me. Break time, I was quiet and uneasy around the Ice Queen at the garden we used to hang out by ourselves.

"Quiet, aren't we?" she suddenly asked me with such calm voice while reading a thick novel Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

I sighed and didn't immediately reply to her.

"Will you believe me when I saw a death?" I asked her with such wonder and worried within my voice.

"Kindly elaborate." She told me to explain even more.

I took a deep breath and I begin to explained it.

"I mean, I saw a shadow with a figure that can kill and those piercing icy blue eyes hunted me even in my dreams like I was next but those eyes felt like I was safe and raptured at the same time..." I explained to her while looking so far.

"...like what I felt around you." I continued without thinking that made her closed the book and looked to me as I did.

For a moment we're looking at each other then there it goes again. I felt the same sensation just by looking into her eyes then she chuckled all of the sudden.

"Wha-what's wrong?" I asked worryingly.

"Mayonnaise on your upper lip." She replied as she laughed at my messy eating.

Yes, I ate like a kid each time I was totally starving. She kept on laughing at me while I tried to lick where my mess was. But then, I gave up as I glared at her laughing moment.

"Sorry, here, let me help you." She said as she chuckled then took a tissue from her purse then wiped it for me.

I don't know why but I blushed with just simple gesture of hers. Our eyes locked again then she chuckled that made me thought if I was a clown to her sight.

"Am I clown to you?" I asked with a bit frustration on how she easily laughed at my face.

"Quite. Just kidding." She replied as she chuckled again that made me sighed as I gave up.

Then silence again but I cut off.

"Why wear contact lens then eyeglasses at the same time?" I asked her out of the blue that made her sighed.

"I don't want anyone to see my eyes and for the eyeglasses, I hate people stared at me like I'm being judged." She frankly replied to me as she opened her book again.

"But I love them." I said out of the blue that made me caught off guard as she did.

Then we both looked at each other again because of my comment to her real eyes.

"Sorry, I said that out of the blue." I apologized with such embarrassment written all over my face.

She shook her head then went back to read the book again until she glanced onto her watch. She stood up and waved at me without saying any words.

"This is great. You messed big time." I snapped at myself as I stood up and went to class.

Shannon Mei Vidal

January 29

After that weird break time with the usual heartthrob CEB, I quickly went to the bathroom to check my chicks if was still in red mode because of what he just commented to my eyes that no one did before aside from my dead mother. Anyway, as I looked at the mirror and hell yeah, I'm totally in tomato mode right now that made me splashed some water onto my face for me to calm down even just a bit. I sighed as I remember CEB reaction it was really epic – I really love to see different reactions from his face. It's cute to watch his emotional transition written onto his face. Funny.

When my face calmed down I went back on being the Ice Queen as they said to me because I put a 'don't touch me' aura as I entered the school. I felt there gazed on me not just because I'm the Ice Queen but because of CEB. We're been hanging around the unused garden and suspiciously, rumour began to boomed that we're secretly dating and meeting to that garden. Well, to me I don't mind at all. I just loved CEB company even we rarely spoke to each other but to others it was different story. Oh well who cares about it. I am me and he is him. We're just friends...aren't we?

Anyway, as I passed the hallway to the music room, I can tell he's always earlier for that class and I always listened to him played that came into a habit. Now, he was playing a familiar song to my ears and yes it was lovely hearing him sing the song Breathless by Shayne Ward. As he kept on singing I recalled what just happened earlier.

"So, that's where he gets this." I mumbled as I smiled on my conclusion then went to my class late as usual.

At my boring professor who teaches us one of my favorite subject history turned into sleep mode but I always get aces on his class even without participating. I was really getting sleepy with his sleepy and grumpy voice until my phone vibrated.

'Everything was settled before the Hasten Mob Leader comes back. Thank you for helping us hunting these ugly mobs and take this time as your long vacation. Thank you again, Icy Shadow.'

After receiving that message, I can finally breathe from those thrilling hunt for prey and bloods but for some reason I'm going to missed it. Also there was part of me wanting to meet the Hasten Mob leader because the last time I heard, the previews leaders are already dead from making a transaction between Eagles and Hallows. They were ambushed by some new groups of gangsters and it turned out to be brutal that made the police took control so the local people won't be alarm of this. I also learned that the previews leaders have a son but no one knows the full detail it its true or not.

DIIINNNGGG!!!!

Finally, the sound of the last bell for the today's class and now time for me to have fun – wait! Now I realized; I don't have any friends to begin with. Oh...of course I do have one.

I dialed CEB number to my phone and there I heard a familiar song as I waited for him to answer my call. The song was entitled Beside Me by Marianas Trench.

'What can I do for you, Ice Queen?'

"Seriously now, calling me Ice Queen?" I teased him that I heard him chuckled.

'Sorry, anyway why you call?'

"Free time. Wanna hang out?" I replied as I asked him back as I put some of my books at my locker.

'Okay, but I need to settle few things before heading out.'

"Okay, 7 or 8 tonight?" I asked as I locked my locker then head out of the school while talking to him on my phone.

'Hmm, 8 pm at the Coffee Tea Myx near the Gellato store. 2-3 minutes by a car or a bus from the front border of the woods or the school bus stop.'

"Wow, complete info? Anyway thanks." I chuckled as I went to the bus stop near the school.

'I own them remember and I lived here since I was a kid. I know this town well.'

"Funny, I'll see you later." I said then I hanged up.

I sighed then smiled at myself because he was really rich to inherited such a woods and school at the young age. I mean, he was just in his senior year yet he immediately that rich. *SIGH* Anyway, I must check out the town more – I mean as an ordinary teenager while I wait for 8 pm.

[next: My Parents were Hasten]