Chapter 17: Twisted Us

Caleb Elric Basques

I was on my very home when I received a messaged from Light that he needed immunity for him and his fiancé that made me wonder who was it that reminded me Hime's email to me. The email was about the details or summary information about Light and his fiancé along the reason why they needed protection.

Light reason was totally obvious; he chooses his fiancé than the gang slash family itself. I understand that part and like me, I'm doing this job for someone I wanted to protect and be with her even though she likes it or not. I will just do it for her without me being force or something else. I just love her and I think Hime knew the reason why I accepted this job.

I gave call to Icy for Light's fiancé protection so she better to find her.

*ringtone: Senbonzakura

"Frost speaking." I answered the call.

'Frost, I found her but I need protection. She's been hunted by my past.'

"Light, don't worry. I put Icy to watched her but if I were you face your past will heads up high." I told him with such conviction as I read the files on my laptop once again.

'Tactless Mob was hunting the one who kill me and if they found out it was Icy, what will you do, Frost? I know you love her.'

From that information, I was took off guard for a sec then smirked evilly that turned into chuckled and then I laughed.

"Yes indeed, I love her very much and for that reason, I won't let anyone kill her without my consent. I wont be the son of the Hasten Mob if I can't take care the love of my life." I chuckled as I answered him.

'I see...you reminded me about myself from then. I hope, it won't lead you in my state I'm in.'

"If that ever happen, will you be there to support me?" I honestly asked him like I was putting my life on the line.

'Yes.'

"Good. Just send me where she is and I let Icy do her job clearly." I said to him as I changed the subject while I put my trust on Icy's abilities.

Then we hanged up and a text message came in. I smirked because Mika Frontier was on Hime's hospital so, it means that she was under the care of RD. after receiving the message, I left a voice mail to Icy then I shut down my laptop and hide it somewhere safe within the house and then, I went to the Hasten Mob quarters.

Shannon Mei Vidal

I was on my way to the parking area when my phone ring and it was from boss; Frost.

'Icy Shadow, be alert as always. I trust your abilities that you can protect what or who must be protected. Mika Frontier was on Yu's Medical Hospital.'

After reading it, I smirked like a boyfriend sends me lovely quotes that I know he wouldn't be doing then I close my phone and put back to my pants. When I reached my Ducati bike, I went straight at the hospital but before I could, I drop to a flower shop to but some fresh flowers so, I would definitely looked like a friend who just visited her.

When I reached the hospital, I felt something wasn't right. Carefully but normal, went to the receptionist to asked where I could find Ms Mika Frontier then a girl around mid-twenties told me her room. I said thank you then I went to her room casually but on guard.

KNOCK! KNOCK!

'Come in.'

"Sorry, did I disturbed you?" I asked in a friendly matter – I'm such a good actress am I?