Chapter 9: One Call Way

Shannon Mei Vidal

After the meeting that turned out to be a party, I met and talked to the new boss of the Hasten but there was something in him that really reminded me of him but I just shook them off. He couldn't be, could he? Well, I don't care for now. I need to go home and rest, we have school tomorrow.

ARGH! Why I got the feeling I must call CEB.

I went home with my bike in rush. When I reached my little home, I immediately removed my full black attire and changed into my normal pajama like small navy blue shorts that really exposed my smooth fair skin tone and my thick loosen/baggy shirt with print 'ur my rockstar'. Then I went to my kitchen to get some Poccari water and slouched on my bedroom.

*Ringtone: Beside Me by Trench Marianas

"Hello." I answered the call.

'Still alive, I see.'

"Funny, why you call? Its late." I wondered why he called me this late at night.

'Hmm, nothing, I guess...'

"Tired? Or missing me?" I teased him partly true in a way.

'Both.'

I blushed from it.

"I shouldn't asked that." I mumbled but loud enough for him to hear it clearly.

'Why is that?'

"You made me blush." I honestly told him like we're flirting, aren't we?

'Don't worry; you always did the same to me. You know how frank I am about my feelings.'

When he seriously told me that made me blushed again even after I told him my hands were no longer clean as everyone thought.

"I don't know what to say..." I said to him like I was searching for a right answer.

'No need, Mei. All I want is for you to let me love you. Protect you as long as I can. Just let me Mei.'

"Caleb..." I started to shed tears as I hope he didn't hear my soft sobbed.

'I like it better when you call me Caleb or maybe Elric? Hmm...anyway, I only choose people that will call me in that name and that include you.'

I chuckled too but he suddenly began to sing something.

I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one call away

Call me, baby, if you need a friend
I just wanna give you love
Come on, come on, come on
Reaching out to you, so take a chance

No matter where you go
You know you're not alone

I was shocked and surprised to what he began on singing next on the other line because I knew the song. I never mention this to him but he did. I started to tear up again from the song entitled One Call Way by Charlie Puth that he's singing to me now on the phone.

I'm only one call away
I'll be there to save the day
Superman got nothing on me
I'm only one call away

Come along with me and don't be scared
I just wanna set you free
Come on, come on, come one
You and me can make it anywhere
For now, we can stay here for a while, ay
'Cause you know, I just wanna see you smile