Chapter 4: My Parents were Hasten

Caleb Elric Basques

I really don't know the reason behind her call but it made me happy to death – oh, I'm so exaggerated about this – no, just excited, I guess...

Before I headed to our meeting, I went to Mr Gables to clarify something and to get some information about the business of my parents left to me. I need to know them before I could handle them like they did – I mean I need to prepare myself for it.

As I went to the house of Mr Gables not far from Coffee Tea Myx known as CTM just couple blocks away across the street, Mr Gables opened the door of his middle class home and let me in. he was totally all by himself and still looking young around his mid thirties. He let me sit on the vacant couch as well offered me some coffee or cocoa but I shook my head as I smiled at him as I politely declined to his gesture.

"I'll get to the point, Mr Gables." I started that made him paused a minute the took his seat across to mine.

He nodded.

"I know my parents requested you to not speak about their business till I reached my 20s but how can I handled them if I don't get even get a single clue what was it all about? I mean, how can I handle them without knowing what to do about it?" I frankly said to him what I really meant that made him nodded as he stared at me seriously.

That crept me out a bit. I felt something serious. I mean dangerous.

"Okay but let me ask you first before anything else..." he stated to me as he leaned back and looked straight onto my eyes that slightly made me pulled back but I held my ground and nodded.

"...what will you do if your parents are the leaders of a gang?" he asked me seriously that made me confused and thought of it carefully.

"I don't get it? Are they for real?" I asked him with such curiousness written onto my face.

He chuckled then nodded and all I can say to my head CRAP!

"What gang they're in?" I asked with such seriousness as my eyebrow met in center of my forehead.

He looked at me in his intense glared but I'm not shaken by it instead, I glared back at him because I want answers. He noticed as he flinched from my glare then he soften his look at me and sighed.

"Before they were working under the Rose Dragon or RD for short and your parents fatedly met under it. RD learned about it and didn't go against it instead RD leader put them together in one rank name and that's Hasten. From then on, your parents fell deeper that ended up marrying but your mom was afraid for having a family under the gangster influence. RD leader have rules and one of them was having immunity. It means, they shall not be harm or the RD will hunt you down. From then on, your parents including you, was still protected by the RD but one meeting changed everything. Hasten, your parents have to meet two gangs to clear the mess within the RD; Eagles and Hollows are also member of the RD but one unknown gang suddenly came and ruined everything and that's the result of your parents deaths." He explained to me while studying my expression carefully.

"I still don't get it, if Hasten was immune how they got killed?" I was confused about it.

"RD knew about it that's why they did what they must do. They hunt down every single of that gang and no one knows what happened to them. They just vanished. Let me also tell you that, your parents wasn't the only one has immunity but almost the RD. RD was a silent gangster but you won't like to mess with them." He replied to me as he tried to read my expression that made a bit conscious but I didn't let him noticed that.

"Still confusing...lot of things to process." I just said as my head starting to ached until he chuckled.

"You were like the leader of the RD. she thinks of everything." He complemented me as he chuckled that made me wonder 'she' that came from his mouth.

"Wait, she?" I asked as it caught my attention.

"Yep. The leader of the RD is HIME. But she wasn't the only leader in this country/island. There are four of top gangsters here. First was the RD, second was K2 or known as Kings Knight, third was Strikers and lastly Vanquish Lite. All of them are watching or guarding every district they're assigned with and if you are asking how, the leaders of each gangs have a past with each other. So basically, they're all friends." Mr Gables explained to me even more while smile.

"I see but what's the works of Hasten anyway?" I asked to change the topic.

"Eager to know?" he asked back at me that made in my silent and expressionless that made him smirked then chuckled.

"Fine, I'll tell you, Hasten was just managing land properties. Everything in this little country/ island of Yuklan was owned my Hime but she gave equal territory parts to her friends and every gangs has Hasten rank or title. They could be 1 or 2 only because they were the one who deals with other gangsters who want to settle in or hide or run from something but always legalized by papers and that's where I'm coming in. and yes, I was a member of RD and I'm known as Light. Like your parents I was too, immune because I have to protect myself because I'm the one who do the papers to make it legalized so the government won't lay hands on the good RD members." He explained to me.

"This RD, what they do? As you describe them, it was so good, so I wonder." I asked him as I noticed how he praised the RD.

"Because RD was the main reason why everything here was peaceful and living their lives to the fullest. The ordinary people living here were having bliss of life without being harmed by some random gangsters out there. Remember RD loves the person that's why people loves RD in returned. Best example the rose petals were the people and there were torn that protect it from any harmful people while the dragon symbols how powerful, protective, territorial and loving to the people within the RD." he replied to me as he also explained the RD's meaning.

"Simple key to remember RD, they protect those in needs wisely." He continued with a big grin onto he's face like he knows what my replied will be and I think he's right.

I was about to say something until I looked at his grandfathers' clock, it was already 7:45 in the evening. I must go now, the Ice Queen was waiting for me any minute by now.

"I have to go, I have to meet someone." I stood up as I said my goodbye on him.

"Having a date, aren't we?" he teased me as he chuckled.

"I hope so. Anyway, Mr Gables, thank you for the info, I'm going to think of this carefully." I honestly said to him to whatever my parents left me then he nodded with a smile on his face and I left.

I just walked on my way with some busy and noises around the streets because of the cars and some people walking and fooling around this night time. Some people are just night person like me? Anyway, I hope she's not mad at me for being late, if I'm ever late to our meeting.

[that's something...next: Getting to Know]

[note: I'm going to post 2-5 chapters...it can be tomorrow or the day after tomorrow that will depends on my mood but MOSTLY, I post an updates every Saturday or Sunday at Philippine time. ^^

anyway, you can COMMENT, like rain me with any ideas came out to your mind, i might include them in this novel or to my future stories and VOTE if you loving this ^^

this novel was ongoing XD]