Chapter 18: The Change

Caleb Elric Basques

Actually I didn't know what came into me but I got the feeling I must do this.

I walked at the hospital to meet Hime and Light to put everything in place between Mika, Light and his father Marvin. So here we are now, I saw Icy beautiful as ever in my eyes as she opened the door for us. Marvin and his men was on guard but wavering that made me smirked.

I walked inside as Hime and Light followed me behind. So let's this curtain changed.

"feeling better Mika Frontier or should I greet you as Mrs Mika Gables?" I teased Mika that she immediately responded as she blushed out of shyness.

I chuckled seeing that from her.

"I'm here because I'm the Hasten Mob boss, Frost and I will give both of you the immunity that you two need, that's why I called personally the RD's boss, Hime." I go straight to the point as I let Hime came in view with Light next to her.

Everyone seems surprised and shocked on my sudden announcement apart from Hime of course.

"Mika, I'm Hime and I heard you don't want to changed your identity even for your own good as facing new life with Light within the Hasten..." Hime started as she sat down on the vacant chair next to the bed of Mika.

Mika nodded as her respond to Hime.

"Okay, now seems like everything were complete here..." Hime said while smiling as she glanced to each one of us within the crowded room of Mika that I hope no nurse will being interrupting us.

She cleared her throat and she began the small ceremony for Mika as Light sat next to her on her bed.

"I thought she's your girlfriend?" I heard Marvin asked Icy as he saw Light held Mika's hand.

Icy didn't replied to that she just put her index finger on her mouth as the sign of silent or be quiet that made Marvin glared to what's going to our view.

He was funny.

"As the head of Rose Dragon, I, Hime Yu giving you the blessing of Family Immunity and no harm shall come to both of you. No identity change and no records will be destroyed and under the protection of RD you'll be safe. If something threaten your life, RD will hunt them down for your sake." Hime said with such authority that made Marvin in awe as I glanced on him.

I smirked on that because I bet he received something like this from King of the Kings' Knight. Back to Mika and Light, they were happy to what Hime granted for them and that's because of me.

Give me some credits here! Neh, I was kidding, just seeing them happy, I'm cool with it and I hope with Icy I could get them too.

Anyway, Hime turned to meet Marvin in her straight face then smiled like she's making him pay for something. Marvin shivered to it but never showed it to his men.

"Want to meet your son?" Hime asked him that made him mad.

"His dead!" he burst as tears wailing on his eyes.

"Yes if you're asking his identity as your son." Hime countered.

Marvin was indeed confused because it was written into his eyes.

"HE WAS DEAD BECAUSE OF ME! HE'S GONE! My lovely boy..." Marvin instead as tears flow down onto his face that made me sighed then patted Light's shoulder.

Light shook his head then patted Marvin's shoulder.

"Dad...you just killed the old me but this time around I won't let you do it again." Light calmly said as he warned his father if he ever thought of separating Mika and him again.