4

Ashton

Ashton

"Hey Ashton!" A cheery voice greets as I walk to the recently fixed elevator.

"Hi Maddie." I smile as the elevator opens and we both enter.

"Have you ever sat in an elevator with your eyes closed?" She asks and I shake my head. "Well try it, it feels like you are free falling." She grabs my wrist,  tugging me down.

"You are weird." I lightly laugh as I plop down on the elevator floor.

"Yeah whatever." Maddy nudges me before she closes her eyes, I do the same. She wasn't lying when she said it felt like free falling.

"This is cool." I state.

"Isn't it?!" She exclaims standing back up.

"I see you fixed your roots?" I point out.

"You are just Mr. Observant, aren't you?" She mutters.

"It makes the world more interesting. Plus I'm going to try and figure you out." I explain to her.

"I can't even do that so have fun." She sighs as we exit the elevator.

"Why do you come to your aunt's when you have a huge house?" I then ask.

"That's none of your business." She states, looking down at the ground and kicking a rock.

A huge gust of wind strikes us, the sleeves of her flow-y blouse going everywhere. I glance over at her and notice a huge bruise. "How'd you get that?!"

I gesture over to her arm. She instantly knows what I'm talking about and pulls her sleeve down.

"I tripped." She mutters and there was no doubt she was lying.

"Wait- is that why you go to your aunts?" I figure out, my eyes widening. She stays silent and my arms flings around her. "I'm soo sorry."

"This actually is the first time this happened." She sniffles. "Before it was screaming because I'm not living up to their expectations."

"Trust me I know how you feel." I reassure her.

"You don't though." Maddy breaks out of my grip and begins walking closer to our school.

"Maybe not the same situation but-" She cuts me off once we are on campus.

"Stop talking to me, alright!" She snaps pushing me away from her.

That's when her boyfriend walks up to us and I understand why she was acting weird all of a sudden.

"What's going on, babe?" Noah slings his arm around the blonde girl.

"This guys was annoying me." She retorts.

"Hey man, back off. You shouldn't be talking to her." He lightly pushes me with terror in his eyes

"Yeah, whatever." I mumble walking off.

"Woah, what's going on?" Calum catches up with me.

"I want to know the same." I mutter.

"How did you even get into a conversation with Noah Evans?" He laughs.

"I was talking to Maddy. Actually a pretty deep conversation, then she just stopped and yelled at me." I begin to explain.

"Dude, we all knew a conversation with that spoiled brat wasn't gonna end well." He just pats me on the back before walking to class.

I was gonna figure that girl, even if it's the last thing I do.