Chapter Twenty Six.

Here's the next chapter guys! 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Lily's POV*

Daryl grabbed my wrist and yanked me off the window seat, dragging me downstairs to where we had left Carl.

He came rushing out from what looked to be the living room. "T-there's cars!" he stuttered.

Daryl opened the front door, "C'mon, we're leavin'."

Carl headed out first and ran to the car while I hung back, "Do you think it's the people who own all of this?"

Daryl shrugged, "I don't know but we ain't hanging around to find out."

We had left the car at the beginning of the street, which we soon found out was a dead end at the other side. The cars that weren't ours came to a stop in front of ours, essentially blocking us in. There were three cars meaning that we were significantly outnumbered.

Daryl was scrutinising the cars, a small smile playing on his lips.

A little confused as to why he was smiling, I put myself behind him.

The door to the car in front opened and a very familiar man stepped out. Rick. Carl came running from our car, straight into his father's arms.

I smiled at the sight, coming out from behind Daryl and looking up at him.

He gave me a smile before going over to Rick.

I looked around, seeing that Hershel, Maggie and Glenn were all here, but not Carol and Beth.

"Lily!" I spun around at the sound of my name, a wide smile forming on my face as Beth climbed out of the third car. She was safe and she hadn't turned.

I met her halfway, throwing my arms around the teenager. "Thank God you're alright!" I cried happily, hugging her tighter, "Where's Carol?"

Her arms slackened from my waist and I frowned, pulling away. "I'm not sure," she whispered, "They found me but Carol wasn't with them..."

My frown deepened, turning around when I heard approaching footsteps. Maggie and Glenn were heading our way.

"Where's Carol?" I asked as soon as they reached us.

Glenn sighed, "Last night, when we got attacked, the walkers came from behind her. She had no chance of getting away..."

I shook my head, "B-but Daryl and I went back. There was no sign of her."

Maggie squeezed my shoulder, "We know. We went back to see if you two and Carl were still there. We figured that the walkers..."

I nodded and she stopped, understanding that I didn't need to be told anymore.

I kept quiet for a moment, thinking about everything Carol had done for me.

"Who's car is that's?" I asked when I had done.

A smile graced Glenn's face, "We ran into Tyreese and Sasha. They were heading back to the prison, realised they had made a mistake in leaving."

I wrapped an arm around each of them, "I'm just glad you're both okay."

Maggie frowned, "We were worried about you and Daryl. When you two didn't come back...then the horde...we didn't know what to think."  

I shuddered just thinking about it, "We got cut off too. Ended up spending the night in a car."