Chapter Fifty Five.

So here's the next chapter! Honestly, this is more of a filler chapter but I hope you enjoy! After this chapter, I'm thinking about doing it as each month in the pregnancy. So because Lily is 5 months in this one, in the next one, she will be six months in the next one. I hope you don't mind the weird time jumps!

Also, for the lighthouse description, I am trying to put pictures up...but I have no idea how to do it properly :/

-Stacey xxx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Lily's POV*

The past few days had been quiet. Nobody really spoke as we were all still reeling from Hershel's death.

Maggie and Beth were different...Maggie hadn't come out of her room whereas Beth hadn't really taken any time to let it sink in. She'd help me prepare some food in the morning, go on watch with Carl for a few hours and then she'd spend the rest of the day looking after Judith and sometimes Cassie. I don't think she'd slept. 

Daryl continued to have the reoccurring nightmare. He'd wake up every night, his breathing heavy as he woke. He'd never told me what it was about, but I had an idea. The way he looked down at me when he woke up it was as if he had to reassure himself that I was still there. 

Back to today, Tyreese had managed to find the keys to the lighthouse and he and Daryl went inside to clear it out. But since it was locked, we didn't really know what to expect, but a three story luxury haven was not it. Sure, it was a little bit small, but it was like a tiny apartment crammed into a small circle space and to be honest, it was a little strange seeing something so nice in times like this. 

"What do ye' think?" Daryl asked, climbing back down from the ladder that led up to the third level which consisted of a second bed. 

"It's nice. I'm sure people are going to like sleeping in here." I smiled, sitting down on the bed that was on this level. 

"I told ye' that when the time gets closer, yer goin' to be up here." he muttered, sitting down beside me, "Don't want you or the baby put in danger. Besides, I spoke to Rick 'nd he agrees." He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a crumpled up piece of paper and a tiny pencil, "I've been markin' down every day as they pass. Yer at about eighteen or nineteen weeks." 

Smiling, I sat forward, "How long have you been doing this?"

"Since they day after ye' told me." he answered as he folded the paper back up, sliding it into his pocket before he lay down on the bed, "This is the comfiest thing I've lay on in a while." 

Rolling my eyes, I stood up and made my way over to the tiny kitchen area and turned on the tap, surprised to see a steady flow of water coming from it. 

Mentally crossing my fingers, I turned the other one, grinning as the water got a little warmer.

"What're ye' grinning at?" Daryl asked, coming up beside me.

"We have water," I said quietly, "Slightly warm water." 

He ran his fingers under the tap before turning it off, eyebrows furrowing, "This place must have it's own system or somethin'. Water comin' in from the sea maybe. Don't really understand how it's still workin'." 

"Are you actually complaining about this?" I gaped.

He quickly shook his head, "No. 'm jus' confused 'bout it all." 

I grabbed a small glass that was on the draining rack and filled it up, taking a small sip to check that the water was indeed fresh.

"I don't think it's from the sea, Daryl." I muttered, "Can you even make salt water safe to drink?"