Chapter Thirty One.

Okay, I am so sorry about the long wait, I've had a few things going on at home but anyway, here's the next chapter! 

Stacey xxx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daryl's POV

A few months had passed and we had made this place a bit more like a home. The only problem was that we were all getting sick of the sight of each other.

Anything that was said by anybody was met by a sarcastic comments or an arguement breaking out. We had also been taken advantage of the food stock we had and were now down to our last few boxes of food.

I was sitting at the desk that was in our room, bent over a map trying to figure out what would have been the best place to go. I was thinking of leaving...I just didn't know if I would yet.

It was early and the morning sun was shining in through the window, hitting my face and making it hard to see, so I got up to close the blinds just as the door opened.

Lily trudged in, looking both tired and ill. I had noticed that she hadn't been eating much since we noticed our shortage of food and was always giving hers to Judith and Carl.

"How was watch? Notice anything?" I asked as she fell onto the small bed.

She shook her head, "No."

I turned back to my map, "Who were ye' on watch wi'?"

She yawned, "Glenn."

I snorted, "Ye' really don't lie him do ye'?" I looked over my shoulder, seeing her curled up in a ball, watching me intently.

"I don't like very many people here anymore." she replied quietly.

I got up from my chair and went to sit by her as she continued, "I don't think I can put up with them anymore. I mean, what happened?"

I shrugged, "We've been together a while. It was bound to happen."

She frowned, playing with a thread on my trousers, "When did everyone become assholes?"

I knew what she meant; Rick was the worst, always barking orders at us. Glenn and Maggie weren't far behind and Lily kept telling me that they needed put in their places, but she wouldn't do it.

"What were you doing when I came in?" she asked.

"A map. " I replied, looking down at her.

"Why?" she mumbled.

I shrugged, "Always best to be prepared."

I got back up and wen't over to the map, preparing to go back to my planning.

I didn't hear Lily following until she rest her chin on my shoulder, "What're you really up to?"

Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair, "I was thinking about a place to go...so I could leave."

She frowned, "You mean we, right? So we can leave."

I looked up at her, "You'd come wi' me?"

She scoffed, "You think I'm going to stay here?" her eyes changed, "Unless you don't want me to come..."

I quickly shook my head, "It's not that, it's just we'd be on our own and I can't guarantee your safety."

She leant in, kissing me softly, "That's the risk we gotta take. I'm going to sleep now."