jealousy

chapter ten ;; jealousy
taehyung's perspective
°..:*°

It made me laugh at how boring school actually was these days. Not that I liked school in the first place, but it used to be so much better in the beginning. Drama was everywhere and people were breaking up and getting together left and right, but now everyone was settled in and there was no more hectic nature. Jeongguk seemed to change that mindset in the matter of days, turning me in a complete 360 without warning. I was starting to become more aware of both my feelings and my surroundings, and I knew that a storm was about to come.

You know what I mean, right? Everything starts to seem perfect- too perfect, almost to the point that it doesn't seem like reality. I always felt as though one of my ticks was always seeming to know what happens before it occurs. I'm not some fortune teller or psychic. Just a dumbass that can put two and two together quickly.

I had become aware that a battle of some kind was to occur,- soon -whether it be mentally, physically, emotionally, or all three. There was a good and a bad in each ending, and I just didn't know which side I was going to end on. I ultimately didn't know which I wanted. At times, being deemed on the losing side could be the best possible outcome.

"Taehyung?" Jeongguk drawls out while I pull into a random parking space in the front of the school.

"Hm?" I grunt, looking over at the boy who now had his hood pulled over his head and headphones in his ears. There was something saddening about the look in his eyes and the frown permanently set on his face most the time.

"Are you just going to be walking with me?" He intensively asks, balling his oversized sleeves into fists.

"Well, I mean...yeah, I guess I am. Do you want to?" It was a question where I was scared to hear the answer, holding onto the steering wheel and leaning forward and closer.

"N-No." He quietly responds with fear clear in his tone and turns away even more from me.

I let out a sigh and stare at the small boy a little longer before lightly shaking my head in disappointment. My hand reaches to the door handle and pulls on it, opening the door and allowing myself to slide out after grabbing my backpack, "Come on. We don't want to be late for class." Maybe my tone was a bit too much like a window to the disappointment, but that was for later to contemplate. Closing the door with a little too much force put behind it, an action even surprising myself.

Jeongguk quickly scrambles out of my car, keeping his head down low. With teeth barred into a plush lower lip, I observe the boy who keeps squirming around on the spot. From not being able to take this tension anymore, I reach out towards Jeongguk and delicately pull his hood down, afraid of scaring him further. His body does flinch for a moment, but he slowly gets used to my outward touching. Continuing with my task, I let the fingertips brush over Jeongguk's ear in the slightest before hesitantly pulling out both of his headphones, grabbing his phone out of his loose grasp and turning off the music app.

"Don't be afraid of me." A ghostly whisper passes my lips, earning a lip-parted Jeongguk staring up at me with doe-wide eyes.

"I-I'm not."

"You are."

"No, I'm..not."

"Don't lie to me, Guk." I earnestly speak, latching my hand onto his own and pulling him closer to my side, "I know that you're scared, and I don't want you to be scared around me. It's an unsettling feeling that I don't enjoy having in the back of my mind." My face was now only inches apart from his own.