doctors

chapter forty-nine ;; doctors
jeongguk's perspective
°..:*°

The hospital was unimaginably sleek, seeming to resemble Taehyung's cosy home. There was only a difference between smells. Taehyung's home would smell of pine and forest, make me breathe in every now and then to discover delicious cinnamon, which would sometimes be coming from Oda making perfectly cooked and frosted cinnamon rolls. This hospital had the strong smell of disinfectants. You could tell they tried to mask a pungent stench, trying to use overly powered air fresheners of something like Ocean Breeze or Hawaiian Paradise.

My legs fell with Taehyung's, walking in even and identical steps. We were lined together and hand in hand, like a real couple. There was still adjustment going with my eyes every time I looked over and saw newly placed green highlights. Seeing them once more only reminded how much I missed looking at green. Maybe green was climbing up my list of favorite colors.

"You worried?" Taehyung asks and glances down at me.

We were both wearing boots, and our unleveled heals made thuds against the tiled flooring. The faint sound was somewhat comforting, and Taehyung takes our intertwined hands into his jacket's pockets. Coldness was quickly looming faster and faster. Snow was expected tomorrow. He also promised coffee afterwards, a main factor why I woke up this morning and actually went to this appointment.

I shrug my shoulders, shivering slightly. The hospital's heater must be broken. My thought was quickly confirmed once seeing a large sign saying sorry for the fact, mentioning that it should all be repaired within twenty four hours, "They're only going to give me more medicine." Taehyung nods his head of bright green. His hair always seemed so fluffy and soft. I slightly smile up, eyes looking down towards me and showing shared affection, "I like the green." I said, "I missed it a lot."

Taehyung nods again, "Me too, it's like starting over again...making something new." His voice held an obvious playfulness, eyebrows raising slightly and smirk dancing, "God, you make me feel so old, Guk. We've been together for what, five months?"

"We've known each other for six..." I trail out, looking down at my feet and realizing that we had barely been together, barely experienced what it was truly like.

"But it feels like at least a year." Taehyung pouts, squeezing my hand tightly. There was a slight shake to his head, "Never mind that, my mind's just being stupid." He mumbles.

I furrow my eyebrows, "Are you okay?" Words seemed to be exceptionally untied and loose, but I let down the uncomfortable feeling once Taehyung's hand squeezes mine again.

Now, we were standing in a line, waiting for the front desk, "Tae, what time is it?"

"We're on time, don't worry." He kindly reassured. I nod, puffing my cheeks out and letting out a soft sigh.

----

Feet were now dangling from a hospital bench in a small, square room. My eyes were glumly staring down towards the tiles, which had a new pattern of grey pastel blue and yellow. Maybe there was a layer of dust, which made it so washed out, not as washed out as the walls, though. Those were completely lifeless: beige. Not even a pretty or pleasing beige, just plain and boring.

Taehyung lets out a light hum, stuffing his phone into his jacket pocket and looking over towards me, who was currently hunched forward. The doctor was twenty minutes late so far, "I'm gonna have to redo junior year, aren't I?" I ask with an etched frown.