Chapter 3.

***Lauren's POV***

Clarke and I are now sitting on her bed with a map. "Two rooms. Another one off of this one." I say to her.

She nods her head and sketches it. "Not bad." J-Dawg says as he comes over too us. "Maybe they'll, uh, hang it on the walls here one day."

I roll my eyes. Then some says something. My attention turns to the door where Miller walks in with Maya. "Look who finally got released." Jasper says.

Miller walks over to us. "Miller." I say. He nods his head at Clarke and I. "It's good to see you." I say.

"I'm glad that you're okay." Clarke says to him.

He nods his head. "Yeah. It only took, what, three surgeries?" He looks at Maya. She smiles and nods her head. He then looks at Clarke and I. "Heard you guys are fitting right in."

My head snaps to Clarke. She is staring at Maya. Maya awkwardly stands there. So the rumors already start again. Great.

Maya the hands Miller a bag and some pills. "Twice a day. Don't forget." She then looks at Jasper. "He will be okay in a few days."

Jasper says something to Maya and they start walking away. Miller, Clarke, and I sit there in silence until an alarm starts going off.

What the hell. Maya says something to Jasper and starts to walk towards the exit. Before she gets there I jump off the top bunk in front of her. Clarke follows. "Hey. What's going on?" Clarke asks Maya.

She quickly says, "A surface patrol is back, and someone needs medical attention. I have to go to quarantine."

She then runs off. Clarke gives me a look and I nod. We have to go see who is injured. We start to walk away when our arms get pulled and we turn around. Jasper is there, he asks, "Woah. Where are you guys going?"

"Maybe they found survivors." Clarke says. I nod my head.

"If our people are hurt, then we have a right to know." I say. Clarke nods her head in agreement.

Jasper sighs. "Pretty sure we shouldn't go wandering around."

I shrug my shoulders. "Who cares?" I then grab Clarke's arm and start running down the hall. I hear people talking so I follow the voices until I can see Maya and other guys talking. "What are we dealing with?" She asks him.

They are suiting up when we arrive. "They were attacked. One is dead in room 2. The other one took off his gloves and mask to treat him. He's in Decon. He'll need treatment soon."

"Who attacked them?" Clarke asked.

The guy looks at us. "What are they doing here?"

I turn to my left and see the door that everybody is going to go through. I lean forward and snatch the key card off of someone's suit. I then nod my head to the door. Clarke understands, the guy doesn't though. He yells, "Stop. It's unsafe!"

I look at him and smile. "It is for us." I wink at him. I then swipe the card and run through the door. "Let's go Jasper!" I yell as we start running.

You hear him hesitate and sigh. "Someone's got to keep them out of trouble." I smile at this. Soon we are all jogging down a hall. "Guys slow down." Jasper yells.

I find a door and open it. I step in to see a dead body wrapped in plastic on the table. "Stop pushing so hard, these people-" is all Jasper gets out before Clarke cuts him off.

"These people are lying." She says.

I step forward to examine the body. "Look. A bullet wound. Grounders don't use guns." I turn around to face the two.