Chapter 9.

***Lauren's POV***

After Maya leaves I finish my drawing. Once I'm done I put it to the back of the pile. Then I start drawing my brother. I start with the outline of his head, then I do the outlines of the major detail. I work for about four hours when Maya comes in.

She brings me food. I don't eat it. "Hey Lauren."

She says to me. "Hey Maya."

"Cage and President Wallace  just told me what actually happened to Clarke." She said.

"What did he tell you?" I ask her.

"That she left." She says. I nod my head.

"Maya can I ask you something?" I ask. She nods her head. "Why do you guys have a room full of Grounders?"

Maya looks shocked. "H-How do you know that?"

"I found it."

She nods. "It's for survival. When there is a containment breach we circulate their blood into us because their blood can fight off radiation. Everybody knows here. We don't talk about it though." I nod.

"Who is that?" Maya asks referring to the drawing of my little brother.

I smile. "It's my brother." I say.

"You have a brother? How come nobody has any siblings in the dorm?" She asks.

"Because it was forbidden to have a sibling. If you had two children you would die because we couldn't over populate the Ark. The people next door took Patrick and raised him as their own until they died. Then we took Patrick in." I say.

She nods her head. "Where is he now?"

I look at her. "Out there with the rest of my people who came down from the Ark. Did the boys get my letters?"

Maya nods. "Yeah. They all got them."

I smile. "I have to go. I need to talk to Jasper." She says to me as she gets up. I nod my head and Maya leaves.

I go back to my drawing. It only takes three hours but I do finish. The drawing is my brother only. He is smiling and looking off to the right. I smile. I miss my brother so much. Is he even still alive?

What if he is actually dead? What if I never get to see him again? What if he is gone forever? What if Bellamy is dead? What if I never get to see him either? What if Octavia and Clarke died too? I haven't heard from Octavia since the battle. Clarke is missing, how do I know they haven't killed her. My breathing becomes rigid and the room starts to spin. Great another panic attack.

I clutch my chest and put and hand against the wall for stability. I can't breathe. I'm going to die. I lower myself on to the floor and I clutch my head. I try to steady my breaths. Why is everybody leaving me. Why can't I see my friends. Where are my people. I start to panic more. I'm now crying as I am panicking.

This is not okay. My cell door opens and Cage and Dante come running in. Cage kneels in front of me. "Lauren? What's wrong? Are you okay?"

I clearly can't talk so I just shake my head and clutch it. I'm crying again. "Lauren just breathe. It's okay. You're okay."

"I. Want. To. See. My. People." Is the last thing I remember before blacking out. I come to and I'm being carried. We are running. I look up to see Cage carrying me. I black out again. This time I'm in the medical bay when I wake up. I black out again.

When I come too again I can hear people arguing. "We need to move forward with the first human trial." This voice is female. I think it's Dr. Tsing but I'm not sure.

"I agree. The rest of the 47 we can test, but not Lauren. She is off limits. Nobody is doing anything." This voice I know is Cage.

"You don't understand. We need as much people as possible." Tsing argues.

I heard Cage sighs. "You don't understand. Somehow this girl is family. She is one of us. She is not to be touched. Are we clear?"

"Yes." Tsing says.

I still have my eyes shut when the door opens. I hear someone walk over to my bed and pull out a chair. A couple of minutes later and the door opens and someone walks is. "How is she?" Old guy asks. I should probably stop calling him that.

I open my eyes and run and hand down my face. "She is fine." I say. I then sit up in my bed. "What happened?" I ask.

Cage says. "You had an anxiety attack and due to lack of sleep and nutrients you fainted."

I nod my head. "Can I see my people now?" I ask them both.

"Yes." President Wallace says.

My eyes light up. I smile. I then start to get out of bed. "On one condition." He says.

I sigh. There is always condition. I nod for him to continue. "You start eating every meal and sleep more often."

"As long as I get some pie. I will." I say. They both smile and chuckle. I then rip the IV out of my arm and stand up.

They both stand up. We walk out and towards the dorm. "Wait. I need to go back to my room."

The Wallace's nod their heads. "I'll take her." Cage says.

President Wallace nods his head and walks off. Cage and I walk back to my room in silence. When we get there I grab my jacket first. I put it on. Then I grab the watch and put that on. I grab the ball and shove it into my pocket. Then I grab my drawings and the Van Gogh. I roll them up and look back at Cage. "Okay I'm ready."

He nods his head and holds the door open for me. I walk through and start going towards the elevator. "So have you guys found Clarke yet?"

Cage shakes his head no. "No. It was too dangerous to send our people out there. We went as far as we could but we had to return do to oxygen."

I nod my head. "Do you know if she is alive?" I ask as we enter the elevator. He shakes his head no.

I sigh. We arrive on level five. "You know where it is." Cage says to me. I nod my head and step off.

"Thank you." I say.

"For what?" He asks.

"The watch and ball. And allowing me to return to my people." I say.

He nods. "Anything for family." And the doors close.

"We are not family." I say to the closed doors. I then walk to the dorm.

Five seconds later and an alarm starts to go off. The elevator doors open and I get pulled in. "What the hell?" I ask.

Cage looks scared. "Containment breach." He says.

I nod my head. "We have to get you somewhere safe." I say.

He agrees and we run back to my original cell. I was so close to my people, so close.