Chapter 8.

***Bellamy's POV***

We're running. I don't know how long we've been running for. I yell to my people, "Everybody, eyes peeled. We're in Grounder territory."

Murphy then says, "Everything is Grounder territory. I can't keep running. We don't even know if the guy Finn killed is telling the truth."

Finn yells, "Move." And goes to push Murphy to keep moving.

I butt in. "Give them a minute."

Finn shakes his head. "No we can't. You heard what the Grounder said, they'll outlive their usefulness."

I move forward. "That's what he said when you had a gun to his head."

He looks at me. "You think I wanted to do that? He would have told his people we were coming. By the time we get there, our people would be dead. That might be something you can live with, but I can't."

"I know you did what you think you had to do. But you aren't yourself right now and I can't be out here with another loose cannon." I say.

Nobody says anything. Then Sterling does. He goes, "You guys." I turn around to see what he is looking at.

That's when I hear the buzzing of flys. Everywhere. I look and I see a single boot on the ground. Then a body. "Fall in." I say. We all continue walking. Finn takes the lead.

There are more bodies, men, women, children, elderly people. Finn goes, "Where the hell did they come from?"

"From the Ark." I say.

We continue walking looking around at all of the wreckage. We come to a massive cliff. At the bottom and halfway up the other side of the cliff is part of the Ark, or what used to be part of the Ark.

Murphy being Murphy says, "That's one rough landing."

Finn starts to walk away. "There's nothing we can do for these people."

I add on. "We gotta go."

We start walking away when we hear something. "Did you hear that?" Finn says.

We all walk over to the edge and look down. Monroe yells, "Hey! Someone's down there!"

We follow to where she is pointing. About one hundred feet down the cliff is a teenage girl holding on to a tree. "Hey!" I yell down to her. "Up here."

The girl yells, "Help me! Please!"

Sterling then goes, "Mel?"

She yells help again. "You know her?" Murphy asks.

Sterling goes, "Shut up Murphy. She is my friend. We have to do something."

Finn give me a look and we walk away from the group. "We can't stop." He says to me.

"This isn't a Grounder Finn. She is one of us. We have a rope." I reason.

Finn sighs. "Look you saw her. She would never be able to hold onto a rope. We have to lower somebody down. It'll take time that we don't have. I hate this as much as you but our friends-"

I cut him off. "I know! Okay! I know!" I have to go and get Lauren.

Finn goes, "We'll come back for her. Okay?"

I sigh. I nod my head. "We're moving out." I call to the rest of the group.

Clearly Sterling wasn't on the same page because he made a makeshift harness out of the rope and tied it to a stump. He was currently lowering himself to Mel.