Chapter 19.

***Lauren's POV***

I stay in my room for a while. Soon the door barges open and Maya steps in frantically. "Have you seen Monty?" She asks me.

I immediately sit up on my bed and put my book down. "What?" I ask.

"When was the last time you saw Monty?" She asks me.

"He was right behind Miller and I. At least I thought he was." I say panicked.

"Well he never returned to the dorm. Miller and Jasper can't find him." Maya says.

"Shit. I know where he is." I say.

"Where?" She asks me.

I sigh and shake my head. "The damn control room."

Her eyes go wide. "What?"

I nod. I get up from my bed. "He said something about getting into the control room to hack into something to do something about the broadcast."

Maya nods her head. "I will go check the schedule to see if the room got cleared today."

I nod my head. "Okay. Just keep me updated." Maya then leaves my room.

Why would Monty go to the control center when he knows how dangerous it is. He's so stubborn.

I sigh and rub a hand down my face. I sit back onto my bed and pick up the book. Damn do I miss the Blakes.

Being stuck in here wouldn't as bad if I had my partner in crime. A smile appears on my face. I remember how we met.

***Flashback***

It's been fifteen days since I got locked up. I haven't said a word to anyone. We get put into a cafeteria type thing to get our food and for an hour a day. I sit alone. Nobody wants to talk or eat with me because of why I am here. They're a few people like me, alone.

I keep my distance from certain people, like Keekee Barns. She thinks she owns this place because she's been here for so long. She give me dirty looks and tries to mess with me. I ignored her she eventually stopped.

The newest girl, who got put in the cell next to mine, is her newest victim. I heard that the new girl is Octavia Blake. She is in here because she has an older brother. Her mom kept her in the floor her whole life. That must suck.

Octavia is keeping to herself. Just attempting to eat her food. Keekee is standing across the room staring at her. I know what is going to happen. Keekee walks across the room. Everybody goes silent.

"What do we have here? Are you comfortable here? Or should you eat under the table." Keekee says. Her friends start laughing. Keekee takes Octavia's food and dumps it on the ground.

I sigh and stand up. I slowly walk over. "Aw is the bitch going to go cry and hide under her bed? I mean being out in the big room must be weird. If you want I can put you in the janitors closet."

Octavia isn't saying anything but you can tell she is pissed. I walk up to Keekee, everybody's eyes are on me now.

I kindly tap her on her shoulder. She's laughing and turns around to face me. She stops laughing and gives me a look. I smile and draw my fist back and slam it against her face as hard as I can. I feel multiple cracking sensations coming from my knuckles and her face.

She screams out and clutches her face as she falls to the ground. "Shut the fuck up." I say to her.

I then walk over to Octavia grab her arm and turn to everybody else. "If anybody has a problem with me or Octavia, feel free to come talk to me."

I drag her over to my table and give her my food. Everybody goes back to what they are doing. "Thank you." She says to me.

I shrug my shoulders. "No big deal."

She nods her head. "Yeah it is. I was about to kill her with my tray. You saved me from getting floated sooner." We both start laughing.

***End of Flashback***

I sit on my floor and look at all of my drawings. If O was here, we would raise hell. We would get in so much trouble.

I reach behind me and grab my book. I then climb onto my bed and roll on to my stomach. I put the book under my pillow and fall into a dreamless slumber.