Chapter 4.

***Bellamy's POV***

It's been two hours since I've been put in jail. I've been pacing back in forth waiting for some info. Two guards are watching me constantly. Finally the doors open and Kane walks in. "How long are you going to keep me locked up in here?" I ask him.

He pulls up a chair in front of the other one. He then says, "Till I'm confident that you're no longer a threat to others." I roll my eyes. He continues, "You said there were hundreds of Grounders attacking. How many? Two, three hundred?"

I roll my eyes. "Don't know. Didn't count."

Kane continues. "Why do you think they attacked? What provoked them?"

I sit in the chair. "Us. Being here. That was enough." I continue getting more mad as I go on. "We're wasting time. The others didn't just vanish into thin air. They were taken, and we need to go after them."

Kane sighs, "But not before we've gotten the intel we need from you."

I urge him. Beg him. "I need to be on that search team. Please."

Kane denies. "It's out of the question. You're not trained. It's too dangerous."

I get pissed, well even more than I am. I need to find my friends. My people. "Those are my people out there." I tell him.

Kane looks at me. "They're my people too. You wanna help them? Tell me what we are up against. Grounder tactics. Their numbers. What kind of weapons they used."

I sigh. Fine I will play his game. I say, "Arrows and spears. Axes. Swords. Their teeth."

"Guns?" He asks me. I shake my head no. "You had guns."

I nod my head. "The guns we found at the aid depot leveled the playing field." I say. I continue, "Maybe... Maybe if we had more bullets we could've-" I get cut off by Kane.

"There were more bullets." He says. My eyes snap to his. What? No. There couldn't have been. "Search team just returned from the bunker. Found two more barrels with rifles, and a third one filled with bullets." My eyes go wide.

No. It's my fault. "We should've looked harder." I say defeated.

All of a sudden the door opens and Major Byrne walks in with the ass hole.

We both look at each other. "What's he doing here?"

Major looks at Kane. "Excuse me sir. Doctor Griffin cleared Mr. Murphy out of medical."

Kane gets up. "Put him over there, Major Byrnes."

Soon guards are coming at me. "On your knees, now." They order me.

I put my hands up in surrender and fall into my knees. I then sit down. My hands get tied together. Great. "Come on." I say to Kane.

Murphy then says, "Well this should be fun."

Gunshots from outside go off. Kane then turns to everybody. "Let's go."

Great. Now I'm stuck here with this ass hole.

About an hour goes by and all of a sudden someone screams. I recognize that scream... Raven. It sounds horrible.

"Yeah, that was me at the Grounder's camp." Murphy starts. "I did everything I could not to scream. But eventually-"

I cut him off. "But eventually, you broke and told them everything." I state truthfully.

I can see Murphy staring at me out of the corner of my eye. "And you wouldn't have. Because you're so much better."