To stop a storm

Max came rushing towards me at school the next morning. Kara followed with him, smiling. I gulped and nervously stared at them. "What?" I cringed when I asked them, excepting a huge response.

"We're officially dating now!" Kara kissed Max's cheek.

"The jock ball is next week, did you get your dress, by the way?" I asked her and opened my locker, getting my books.

"I'm going to wear at a periwinkle dress and strapped shoes to match." She squealed. I jumped up and down with her and joined in on her squeal.

"I'm wearing a light red dress with the top portion being sparkled and the same color pumps." I showed her the picture on my phone which Kara stared at in awe.

"Come on! We have to get to class!" Max pulled Kara away and we all headed to our first period class, science.

I walked I got the door and a substitute was there. Her name was written across the inter wright board in blue. It read, Miss. Marriott.

"Okay class, today we will be pairing up and testing chemistry." She handed us out little cards.

"Each card has a color on it and your color is up on the board. You have to find someone with that same color and they are your partner." She sat down in her chair. I got up from my chair and looked around the room for the color orange. I glanced at Max and saw that he had orange so I walked over to him.

"Partners." I sat down next to him and waited for the sub to talk.

"Kiss your partner. If you have the same gender than hug or high five. You can find chemistry in the way you feel. It's about, all around us." She laughed again like she was drunk and then opened her book and read it.

"Okay." I took a deep breathe and wrapped my arms around Max's neck. He gazed into my eyes as I did the same. Then, he dipped be backward and kissed me.

Carter sat in the back row and he gave his partner a high five because while, he was working with Steve. Where as, no one knows about Sara yet. They just think she is absent. It's still hard for me to get used to Heidi not being around and now the 'friend' and Sara's gone as well.

"That's enough class, let's go back to your seats, we are going to assign life partners for your 'child' you will be raising." She lifted up a huge bin of babies that were fake but took on real baby traits.

"Okay, first up, Holly and Kara get baby, Rachael." Holly rolled her eyes and sat down at a lab table with Kara.
"Next we have, Violet and Steve to get baby Bobby." They took the baby boy and sat down at a lab table too.
"And we have, Carter and Valerie, to get baby Anna." They rest of the class ended up getting their babies but Carter and I sat down at the third lab table and we talked.

"I've missed you." I kissed his lips. He smiled and the changed the diaper. "I've missed you too. We get going though, class is ending." He took the baby with him and we walked our lockers. He got a locker next to mine so we could talk in the mornings.

"Where's Sara, anyway?" He gave me the baby and I put it in my locker.

"Carter... She's dead." I rested my head on my locker and sobbed quietly.

"Sara. Oh my gosh." He sighed as he ruffled his fingers through his hair. He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my forehead. Yet, I continued to cry.

"It's okay, Val. It's no one's fault that it was her time." He pulled me up from my locker.

"Actually it is, that stupid blackmailer, 'A Friend' did it." I run down the hall and into the bathroom.

A girl comes out of the stall like she was expecting me, and I realized it was Kara.

"Oh, hey Kara." I wiped my eyes from the drippy mascara. I fixed my makeup finally and then she looks at me.

"Sara died?" She puts her phone in her bag.

"Yea." I throw out the mascara filled towel.

"I'm sorry for your loss." She hugged me.

"I gotta go. See you at practice." I walked out of the door and with Carter to cheer and football practice.

"New roster!" Coach set us all on the bleachers. Even the football players. Coach Sanders, for the football team held up his roster list too.

"Head cheerleader is, Valerie. Second hand is, Kara. Third hand is, Claire. Flyers are, Valerie, Riley And Holly. Lastly, Bases are, Violet and Quinn. Etc..." Coach spoke. She sat down and Coach Sanders began to talk about the football teams roster.

"Captain is, Max. Co is, Carter. QB is, Max. Wide receiver is, John. Tight end is, Steve. Etc..." He posted the two rosters for cheer and football.