Chapter 12

The next day, I walked to school with Shay. But soon Harry joined us. I was thankful Shay was there to make conversation easily.

We arrived at school and parted ways to our own lockers. Today we had a pop quiz in English. At least it was English, not any other lesson. The day ended fast. Soon I was already headed home.

I changed to my mid-thigh shorts and a plain shirt. I laid in my bed and decided to take a quick nap. But as I was about to close my eyes, my phone vibrated. I took my phone and opened the incoming message.

From: Harry
To: Rosaline
Hey. What time are you coming to study?

Oh shoot. I forgot. I quickly texted back and prepared my Math books. I went out of my room and went across the street to his house.

Before knocking I realized that I was still wearing my shorts. I hope it doesn't seem rude. Maybe I should go back and change. Why was I in a rush anyways. Oh well, I can't go back now. Why do I even care? It's just Harry right?

To stop myself from overthinking I quickly pressed on the doorbell. The door opened to reveal a beautiful girl with blonde-ish hair and a friendly smile, she looked like Harry so she must be his sister.

"Hello. Are you looking for Harry?" She asked kindly. She had a British accent just like Harry. I just nodded with a friendly smile. "Okay then come on in. He is in the shower so you can wait here with me if you want." She said. I followed her inside and lead me to the living room. I heard someone in the kitchen and saw a woman cleaning the table.

She saw me and said,"Oh hi there. Harry's friend?" I nodded. "What's your name?" She asked with a warm smile.

"Oh sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Rosaline." I said. "Oh what a beautiful name and you are really pretty. I'm Harry's mom. You can call me Anne." She said. "Nice to meet you Anne. You are very beautiful too."

Soon Gemma came next to me. "My name is Gemma by the way." She said giving her hand out. I shook it and said, "Rosaline."

"Want to wait with me in the living room?" She asked. "Sure." I replied. As we sat in the sofa she must've noticed the books I was holding. "Oh you can put those books in this table first." She said while helping me put them on the table. I thanked her and she asked,"You guys having a study group? Hmm...to be honest it is unlike him to bring his friends for studying. Especially if it's a girl."

I wonder what she meant by the last part but chose to ignore it. "Really? What do they usually do then?" I asked. "Oh you know, just play around. Especially with the boys. But with girls I don't really know. He always keeps them in his room doing who knows what. But I do know that he has never made any of them his girlfriends." She said.

I felt a bit uncomfortable by what she said. "Oh sorry I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable." She said.

"It's okay." I told her. "But you know, you are different from the other girls and trust me I am telling the truth. Don't tell Harry but umm...most of his friends who are girls mostly ignores me which is kind of annoying. So I am happy that you are not ignorant." She said in a low voice, and a small smile at the last part.

I smiled back at her. "Thanks. You are very kind." I told her. Soon we heard footsteps coming from the stairs and a curly haired boy came. He saw me and smiled."Rosaline." He said. I grabbed my books from the table and stood next to him. Then he saw Gemma and back at me and said playfully,"so what bad things has she told you about me?"

"Umm.." is all I could say. "Nothing Harry. We were just getting to know each other." Gemma said.

"Oh I see, then what were you guys talking about?" He said with a challenging smile. He then leaned sideways on the wall next to him looking at Gemma. "Umm...our favorite movies." She said.