Chapter 32

I'm really not sure how I feel about Brittany. She seems like a cool person, well based on what Fay and Claude said. The others were chatting about something, while I was just sitting quietly, pretending to be enjoying my meal. "So...what were you going to tell me?" Claire jumps in making me snap out of my thoughts. "Oh right..tomorrow I'm going to this party, which means I still need to sneak out right? So..maybe we could still have that sleepover? But go to different parties?" I say. I see Claire trying to figure the words in her mind. "Oh, sure. At least I could still have a sleepover with you. AND....we could still go shopping together!"

"Shopping?" I ask. Claire didn't say anything to me about this shopping thing, and she seems to notice. "Oh you know since we both are going to a party, we should go shopping. You don't want to go through that pile of clothes again right?" She says. I thought about it, she does have a point. My mind goes straight through the time I was deciding what to wear for my.....date. Right...back to reality, Rosaline. "Oh sure then. When should we do it?" I ask. "I was thinking maybe today after school? So tomorrow you just need to bring your sleepover stuff to my place and all we need to worry about is getting ready." Claire says, and I nod.

"Did I hear someone say shopping?" Fay says. We both look at her and Claude. "Umm..yeah." Claire says. "Oooh can we join you guys? What are we shopping for?" Fay says. "It's..for a party." I could sense Claire's uneasiness. "Okay..I don't want to know who's party it is, but we were also planning to walk in the mall later. So..since you guys are going shopping we could accompany you guys." Claude says. "Oh well okay then. Is Monnett coming?" Claire asks. "Umm...not so sure. Oh look there she is with Brittany. Yo, Monett!" Fay shouts, waving her hands about. Monett notices and waves back. I look over to where she was standing next to Brittany. And soon I notice someone coming over to them, or should I say, to Brittany. That someone is Harry. He seems to whisper something to her and soon Brittany waves goodbye to Monett while following Harry out of the cafeteria. Monett soon walks over to our table and sits on the empty seat next to Fay.

"Hey Guys!" Monett says. "Hey! Are you still going to go to the mall with us later? These two are coming too, they want to shop for something." Claude says. "Oh. Aww sorry guys I can't join this time. Brittany invited me to go to her house after school to help her choose an outfit for a party, which is tomorrow. So today is the only day I could help her. Ahh! I'm so excited to be able to see all her makeup products, her designer clothes and all her other things!" Monett says excitedly.

"Oh well ok then. These two are planning to go to a party too. But they have us anyways." Claude says. "Really sorry guys I can't join you his time. But I know that you guys will pick the cutest outfits ever." Monett says. "Actually...we aren't planning to look...cute." Claire says shyly, making all of us look to her. "Oh God..what are you planning this time?" Fay asks. "Um...I don't know....something...sexxyy??" Claire says, and we all burst to laughter. "Woww someone's grown up." Monett says.
-----------------------------------------------
*after school*

"Are you sure about this?" I ask to Claire while we were still looking around for sexy dresses. Claire already had a few choices in her hands, while I only got one. Fay and Claude weren't that much of help. They were just playing around with anything they could get their hands on.

"Yeah. It's a high school party. Might as well dress the part." Claire says, looking through racks of dresses. Suddenly she gasps, and drops all the dresses from her hands. "Put. All. The. Dresses. Down." She says. "Umm..ok.." I say, still standing there looking at her. "I said put them down!"

"Woah okay! Jeez I only have one anyways." I say placing the dress on a table near me. Fay and Claude soon comes over. "What happened?" Claude asks. "I think I found the perfect outifts." She then pulled out two similar satin dresses from the rack, one was cream colored and one was black. Both of them were dresses I have never quite seen before, but pretty sure made me feel underdressed. "Umm.." I say. "They are slip dresses. See? Perfect for the both of us." Claire says giggling. "Yep, they are perfect for the both of you. We just need to decide which color dress is perfect for each of you." Fay says, one finger on her chin.

"Ooh you guys should try it. Let's have a fashion shoowww." Claude says in a singsong voice. I just stood there unsure of her decision. "Oh come on. Let's try it." Claire says, following Claude who is already heading for the fitting rooms.

"Okay I'll try the black one first." Claire says, handing me the cream colored dress.
-------------------------------------------
"Okay guys! Come out already! You take so long!" Fay says. I was hesitantly looking at my reflection in the mirror. The cream colored dress matches my skin color, which makes me feel uncomfortable. "Hey is there another another color for this dress?!" I ask. "Nope! Rosaline, you ready?!" Claire shouts.

"Um.."

"Let's just do it, come on! Let's go out together! Ready? 1, 2, 3!"

I sigh and take a deep breath before opening the door and stepping out of the fitting room.

Fay and Claude had their mouths wide open and they gasped. "So...what do you guys think?" Claire asks. "O.M.G." Claude says.

Claire poses and flips her hair dramatically as if she was a supermodel. "I think we look great! Don't you think Rosaline?" Claire asks me. "Um..yeah..I guess." I say. "Hold on wait. Let's ask Monett for advice." Claude says, taking out her phone from her bag and taking a snap of me and Claire.

It didn't take a while for Monett to reply back. "Switch the dresses." She says. "Ok then. Let's do what she says." Claire says.