Chapter 5: Flashbacks

Jason

I've never had that much fun in my life, not with anyone. I'm glad she came into my life, it made living an eternity bareable. I can't remember the last time I felt this happy and in love. Probably not once. I've had some fun times through out the years though. I remember my first date like it was yesterday.

FLASHBACK

There was a girl in my school. It was the year 1939, we all dressed very different back then. She had hair as black as sin and eyes the colour of a dark blue ocean. Rosy lips, kissable. Very kissable. Her skin was pale and in a dress she looked stunning!

There was a carnival in the area we were living at the time and I asked her to go with me. She said yes, of course. No one, and I do mean no one, could resist a good looking boy of just seventeen. I wasn't a vampire yet, but that is a story for another time.

We played carnival games and rode almost every ride there was, after all the fun riding I took her to the back room where the machines were for the carnival rides. "You sure you want to do this?", I asked as I tangled my fingers in her hair. "Yes." And that was my very first kiss, actually. Afterwards I walked her home feeling loke I had the best time of my live, the most fun i had in a long time.

END OF FLASHBACK

Now with Sam here, I felt seventeen all over agian. Experiencing my first kiss agian, but with Samantha it will feel special. It will be beter then that kiss in 1939 I can tell you that much! Oh, how time flies when your having fun... mother was right all those years ago. I should live my life how I want to, making sure not to have any regrets afterwards when I'm dying and there's no one to talk to.

Okay, I can't really die. But sadly, I can get killed.
I've had many women, victims mostly. She was going to be one of them, but something inside me couldn't stand watching her die. I felt like myself agian after all these years. I have been around depressed people too long in my life but when someone as cheerfull as she is comes in my life I have mixed emotions.

I knew I would anything to protect her, even if it meant dying. I was still sitting in the living room, I hadn't notice I walked over here. Well, since I'm here I might aswell watch some television. What has it been? Probably a couple of months since I last watched television. Sighing, I got comfortable on the couch and turned on the television. I was still flicking through the channels, not a single classic on tv, when Sam came down. "Morning," she yawned. Her hair was a mess.

"It's morning already?!", I asked as my face probably paled. "Yeah, did you watch tv the whole night?" "I think I might have. I should probably get some rest. Good morning!" "Good morning?", was all she said as I walked past her towards my bedroom. How did I not notice it? Usually I will feel the time fly by, but not last night. Stupid flashbacks!

...........................................

Sam

Well, that just happened. He walked past me towards his bedroom and shut the door. Well, what am I going to do to pass the time? I went back to my room and took a quick shower, washing my hair and leaving it to dry. I went down to the library and scanned the names of the books. I really didn't feel like reading. I should probably get something to eat , stomach rumbles, Yup! Definatly!

After making myself toast and heating up some baked beans I made my way to my room. I really had nothing to do. I sat on my bed eating my breakfast when a idea came to me. Hopefully he had some music and an i-pod. I searched every where until I finally found one in the tv room he was in before he went to bed.

Please say you have some modern music! Please! I thought as I put on the headphones. I scrolled through the playlist seeing skillet, skrillex and Kelly Clarkson and a whole bunch of other artists. I pressed play and Katy Perry's voice rang through the headphones.

I went through his playlist agian and settled on Linkin Park. Sorry Katy. But your really starting to annoy me. I sang along. 'One thing, I don't know why. It doesn't even matter how...' "Ow!!", I said as the earphones were pulled out rather painfully. "What was that for?", I asked him while scowling at him.

"You were very loud and I couldn't sleep." "Your hearing is that sensitive?" "Unfortunatly." " Well, if I can't listen to music I'm going to take a walk." " As long as you keep close to the house." "Yeah, whatever." I left him standing there and opendd the front door of the house. Breathing in fresh air I left my worries at the house. I walked down acers of grass, through the garden. Beautiful. I was walking down one of the rows of roses, quite colourful, when it started getting dark. Time to go back. I thought and turned around walking back towards the house.