17

I am sitting on the swing chair on the decking when my skin begins to crawl. I scan the property and see some trees on the border. I rise and make my way over. I see a girl dart through the bush.

If I wasn't pregnant I would've chased her down.

I hear the front door squeak followed by a voice. "Ava, where are you?" I move around the side of the house and I walk over to him. "I'm here, Dex. Did you get worried?"

He nods. "Ever since we found out your sisters missing I've become paranoid when it comes to you. Can you stop disappearing on me?"

I cross my arms. "Fine," I look over at the trees. "Dex, you need people to patrol near the trees."

Dex moves down the stairs and he stands next to me. "Did you see something in the bush? What was it? Did it try to attack?" He wraps his arms around me.

I laugh. "I saw a girl in the bushes. No, the girl didn't attack. But, I have a feeling this girl is somehow connected to my sister."

Dex lifts me into his arms and carries me into the house. He place me on the lounge. "Let's watch some TV and then I want to take you out on a date." He looks around the house. "I'm going to lock up the house." He walks around the house and locks the doors and windows. He pulls the curtains across. He walks over to his DVD collection. "Ladies choice Chick Flick or Romantic Comedy?"

I smile. "Pitch Perfect."

Dex puts the DVD into the player. He sits on the lounge beside me. He pulls me into his arms.

I lie my head on his chest. The movie starts and the blonde pukes all over the stage. I cover my face with Dex's chest.

Dex laughs. "I hope that didn't make you sick, baby."

I shake my head. "I knew that part was coming up. I've seen this movie twenty times." I turn back to the TV and I watch as Anna Kendrick's character starts hitting the cups and singing the song 'cups.'

Half way through the movie I close my eyes.

I don't know how long I've been asleep when I feel someone shake me

I don't know how long I've been asleep when I feel someone shake me. "Ava, it's time to wake up, baby." I open my eyes and look at him. "What time is it?" I ask in a sleepy voice.

He looks at his wrist. "It's 2pm. I'll make you something to eat.

I nod. I lean against a pillow and look around the room.

A couple minutes later, Dex comes into the room with a plate full of food. "Lunch is ready."

I take a bite out of a sandwich.

These are really good.

When I finish lunch Dex looks at me. "Go upstairs and wear a pair of jeans and a tank top. I want to take you to my favorite place."