19

18 weeks Pregnant.

I look over at Dex while he's asleep. I move my hand through his hair and he starts to stir. I kiss his cheek. "It's time to wake up, Dex. We have an appointment with the doctor today. We get to find out the gender of the baby."

Dex opens his eyes and he smiles. He pulls me into him and he starts to kiss me. "I want a daughter. I hope she has your smile and eyes."

I laugh. "I hope I'm having a boy that looks like you. But, I don't want him to be a heartbreaker like you."

He pulls a face. "I wasn't that much of a heartbreaker."

I roll my eyes. "Tell that to all the girls you've hurt over the years."

Dex sits up in bed. "I haven't hurt any girls, Ava."

My stomach grumbles and I climb out of bed. "Ah, huh, I'm going to get something to eat. What are you in the mood for?" I ask, tying my dressing gown.

He smirks. "I want you, princess."

I shake my head. "Too bad." I rub my stomach. "The baby is hungry and whatever the baby says goes."

Dex laughs. He climbs out of bed. Just leaving him in his boxers.

I just want to touch him. I better get out of here before he gets the idea that we should spend the day in bed. I exit the room and make my way down to the kitchen.

On the way to bathroom I begin to feel flutters in my stomach. I stop and place my hand over it. I smile. "Hey, baby. Are you kicking for Mommy?"

Dex looks at me with a worry. "Ava, are you alright?"

I nod. "Yeah, it's the baby. It's kicking. It feels like a flutter."

Dex places his hand over mine. He frowns. "I can't feel it."

I touch his face. "You won't be able to feel our baby kick properly for a couple of weeks. The baby is still growing. When it kicks properly I'll let you know."

He looks at me. "Promise?"

I nod.

He rises and then pulls me not the kitchen. He cuts up some strawberries and he places them in a bowl.

I pull out a strawberry and stick it in my mouth.

Dex stands over the stove with pancake batter. He cooks breakfast for us. I walk over to the fridge and pull out a bottle of water.

When breakfast is cooked Dex places he food on the table and we eat. I look at the clock above the fridge. "What time are we going to the office?"

He leans his elbow on the table. "We're not. I took the week off. I want to take you somewhere. We deserve a holiday. All we've done since you got pregnant has been working and spending the weekends in the house. I feel like taking you somewhere. Tell my where you want to go and I'll arrange the plane."

"I want to go Niagara Falls."

Dex smiles. "We're off to Canada for a week." He rises. "I'm going to make the phone calm now. We should be leaving tonight." He walks away from the table with his phone to his ear.

I finish off breakfast and then I walk into the kitchen. I do the dishes and place them into the dish rack to dry.

Dex walks into the kitchen and he looks around. "You didn't have to clean up."

I look at him. "Yes, I did. I miss doing the things I used to take for granted. But, you always have the maids and kitchen staff doing the things I was raised to do and I don't like it."

He looks at me. "Do you want me to get rid of the staff?"

I shake my head. "It'll be hard for them the find a job. But, can you tell them to leave our room and the kitchen for me please."

He nods. "Alright, I'll let them know. Now go and pack your bags. We're leaving at three."

I walk up to our room and I start packing my bag for our trip to Canada. I pack our passports into my handbag.

Dex walks into the rooms and he starts packing his bag. He looks at me. "Do you know where my passport is?"

"It's in my bag." I zip up my suitcase and wheel it to the front door.

" I zip up my suitcase and wheel it to the front door

At 1:30pm, the limo pulls in front of the house. Dex takes the suitcases to the limo and I walk around the house checking that I have everything I need for the holiday.

I exit the house and lock the door. I make my way down to the limo and climb inside. I put my seatbelt on and turn to Dex. "I'm looking forward to this trip with you. Even though you sprung this on me at the last minute."

The limo pulls out of the driveway and it take us to the private airfield.

Dex holds my hand. "Next weekend Mom is having a party at her house. She wants to invite your father. Do you think he'd be up for a party?"

I smile. "I can ask him." I lie my head on his shoulder and close my eyes.

At the airfield I am woken up by Dex. He shakes my shoulder. "Wake up, Ava. We're at the airfield."

I open my eyes and look out the window. I step out of the car and make my way to the plane. I hold onto the rail and walk up the stairs. I take a seat next to them and Dex takes a seat beside me.

A woman walks over to us. "Can I get you something to the drink?"

"Water, please." I say.

She turns to Dex. "And you?"

"I'll have the same."

She walks to the back of the room and she returns with two bottles of water.

I put my seatbelt on and lean my head against the headrest.

Dex looks at me. "Are you feeling alright?"

I nod.

The pilot's voice comes over speakers. "We'll be taking off soon, please put on your seatbelt."

Dex puts his seatbelt on. He takes my hand.

I feel the plane start to move. I look out the window as we begin to take off. The plane lifts off the ground and I squeeze Dex's hand. When the plane evens out I pull out a book and start reading.

Dex pulls his phone out and starts typing and the keys keep clicking away.

I put my iPad down and turn towards him. "Can you put your phone on silent? The clicking is irritating." I watch him put his phone on silent and then he starts typing again.

He looks at me. "Is that better?"

"Yes, it is. Thank you, Dex."

The woman walks over to us. "Do you want something to eat?"

I shake my head.

Dex's eyes are glued to his phone. "Can you get me a croissant with jam?"

"I'll be right back." She walks away.

Dex puts his phone in his pocket. He looks at me. "That's the last time I'll be on the phone until we get back from our holiday."