28

Dex's POV

I am woken by a knock on the front door. I climb out of bed and put a t-shirt on. I walk down the stairs and open the front door.

Jaylene my ex-girlfriend is standing at the door. She looks up and down and licks her lips. "Aren't you going to invite me in?"

I shake my head. "I have somewhere to be in twenty minutes. I don't have time for you."

She grabs my arm. "Can I come please? I want to catch up with you." she walks into the house and sees pictures of Ava and I together, "Are you dating someone?"

"I was. I really screwed up with her and I made her leave. That's a mistake that I have to live with now. I hope she's alright where ever she is."

Jaylene looks away from the photos. "Have you had breakfast yet?"

I walk to the kitchen. "I'm about to make something. Do you want anything?"

"I'll have scrambled eggs. I remember that you were a great cook. I thought you would have had a child by now."

I make her scrambled eggs. I throw bacon into the other frying pan. "Do you want coffee or tea?"

"Tea, please."

Gemma enters the kitchen and she looks at me. "I heard voices and I thought that Ava was back."

I shake my head, "She's not coming back."

She opens the door to the garden and she looks at me. "Today is my last day here. I got another job and they need me to start right away. I'm sorry for the last minute resignation."

I should have known this was going to happen. Everyone in my life have been turning against me since I did what I did to Ava.

Gemma exits the house and she slams the door shut.

Jaylene looks at the door. "Are your employees usually this rude?"

"No, they're a lot better than this. Everyone has been effected by my choices lately and I've disappointed so many people along the way. I don't know how I got here?"

She moves towards me and wraps her arms around me. "I like the way you are. I don't expect you to change."

I pull her arms off me. "You've always liked guys that are assholes. Why do you keep doing this to yourself? You deserve better than being cheated on. Don't you want your own family?"

She nods. "That's why I came to you. I remember you wanted to start a family and I want to help you with that."

I look her in the eyes and say. "I already have a family. My daughter is in the hospital and I want to be there before she wakes."

"Well let's have breakfast on the go and see your daughter."