23

8 Months Pregnant

I kiss Dex and then he walks out the door. I move over to the window and watch him pull out of the driveway. I see a car parked close to the gate and then it pulls into the driveway. I open the front door and make my way down the stairs.

Christa steps out of the car and she moves over to me. "Hey, sis. I wanted you to be the first to know I'm pregnant with twins." She pulls out the ultrasound photo and gives it to me.

I look closely at my twin and I see that she cut her hair in the same style as mine and she's also wearing the same clothes that I have in my cupboard. I cross my arms. "Why are here, Christa?"

She smiles. "I'm here to share the good news. I'm due a month after you. I went to a party a month after I moved here."

I cut her off. "I don't want to know about that, Christa." I look her up and down. "Why do you look like me?"

She laughs. "I want to look like you. Everyone has favored you since we were kids and I decided that since we still look alike I could off being you. It's been great so far. I went to a few stores and give me discounts on everything and they call me, Ava."

"You need to leave, Christa. I can't deal with you on top of being pregnant." I walk up the stairs and shut the door.

As I'm shutting the door Christa yells. "You're going to regret brushing me off like that, Ava. Have a nice life, sis." She climbs into the car and pulls onto the road.

What does she mean I'm going to regret it?

I walk over to the kitchen and pull some ingredients out that I need to bake a chocolate cake.

Dex is going to love this cake.

Gemma enters the kitchen and she looks at me. "Do you need anything else from the shops? Dex gave me a list of things to get."

I shake my head. "That should be it. Can you help me cook dinner later?"

She smiles. "Sure, Miss. I'll be back in an hour." She exits the house.

I mix everything together in the mixing bowl and then put the batter into the non-stick cake tin. I put it in the oven. I set the timer and then move to the lounge room. I switch on the TV and put my feet up. I rub my belly as I feel my daughter kick. "Hey, princess. Can you do Mommy a favor and stop kicking me."

She kicks me again and I rub my belly.

I'm over being pregnant and I have one more month left of this.

I close my eyes.