27

I am sitting in the nic u when a mother enters the room and she walks over to her baby. She pulls the baby out of the capsule and she pull the gown down and the baby attaches itself to the woman.

That's another experience that I'm missing with my daughter. It's not right for me to take her off the formula and make her drink from me.

I stick my hand in the capsule and touch Faith's hand it so soft.

She wraps her hand around me.

She's so small.

I look out the window and see Dex approach with a woman next to him. She touches his arm and laughs at something that he says. I push my chair away from Faith and exit the room.

Dex looks at me. He smiles. "Are you just coming from visiting your baby?"

I nod.

The girl wraps her arm around him. She looks at me. "Baby, you promised me that you would show me your daughter. I want to see her. I love babies. If she's going to ours I want to know what she look like."

Dex takes her hand. He squeezes it and says. "Why would you say that?"

She shrugs. "I want the woman to stop flirting with you. Now, that you've gotten rid of the woman you gave a Baby Agreement to, I can have you to myself."

He looks at the woman. "I love, Ava. She's the only person I've ever loved. I keep destroying things with the best people in my life. Will I ever learn from my mistakes?"

No, he won't.

The woman pulls his tie and her lips smashes against his. I see his mouth move as he deepens the kiss.

All I was, was The Billionaire's Baby Agreement woman. How am I ever going to get out of that title?

I walk over to a table and pull out a piece of paper.

Dear Faith,

Every child deserves a mother. I'm Ava Montgomery and I'm your Mother. I want you to know that I tried everything to stay alive. The last resort was your father making out with a woman in front of me. He didn't know it was. How can a man not notice the woman he loves standing close? I may have dyed my hair to blonde and put on a horrible accent. He didn't pay much attention.

I've spent the last couple of days trying to think of some way to take you from your father. I keep coming up empty. You see your father is a Billionaire and he gave me for you. I loved him with my whole heart.

I hope someday you get to experience love, Faith. Just remember not all love is good. Be careful with who you give your heart to.

My heart was broken when your father dropped a billion dollar cheque on the table after your birth and he said 'you're not needed anymore, Ava. Have a good life." he didn't turn back to look at me as he walked out.

I didn't deposit the cheque. I ripped it into tiny pieces and threw it all over the roof of my apartment building. I wanted you, Faith. You should know that. If you need anything look at this locket. It will hold everything you need to know.

Love

Ava (Mom)

I pull the locket off and place it inside an envelope. I seal the envelope and wait in the waiting area until Dex and the girl leave.

The girl looks at me. "Have you seen his child? She's such a precious little thing. I'm going to be a great Mother."

I snort. "You're going to be a crappy, Mom." I look at Dex. "I don't know how you can live with yourself. Knowing that the mother is out there going crazy because she can't get access to her child. All you're doing is showing everyone what a cruel bastard you are. I can't believe a woman fell for your shit."

Dex looks at me. "I changed when I met her. I went from a playboy to a one woman kind of man. I thought she cheated and then everything fell like a domino effect." He looks at the wall behind my head. "My family aren't talking to me because of this. They show up when they know I'm at work."

"You leave your child?"

He nods. "I'm an important, man. I need to work and bring in money to feed my family."

I cross my arms. "That's bull, Dex. Everyone knows that your billionaire and you have enough money to do whatever you like with. Everyone isn't as fortunate as you."

Everything was so much simpler last year. All I had to worry about was if I can make rent. This year it's all about the asshole that I fell in love with. Christa who ruined everything for me and the baby that I was robbed many experiences with.

Dex looks at me. "I'm going to walk Jaylene out. If your still here when I return I would love to talk to you."

I nod.

He walks away with the girl.

I enter the room and slip the letter into the capsule. I blow my daughter a kiss and pick up my handbag. I use one of the many exits that I know Dex wouldn't use. I walk down the street and head to my motel.

At the motel I check my pocket for my key and then I search the handbag.

Where is my key? I thought as I dig around my bag. How could I lose it?

I walk down to the reception. I open the door and the woman behind the counter says. "May, I help you?"

"I left my key in the room. Can I have another key? I'm in room 4."

She gives me the key to the room and I walk to my room. I put the key in the door and push it in. I enter the bathroom and see a bottle of pills on the counter. I open the lid.

I'm sorry, Faith.

I put one in my mouth and then another. I keep doing that until the container is empty. I walk over to the bed and climb in.

My eyes begin to feel heavy.

I hear a key turn in the lock. "Ava." Someone yells.

I close my eyes.