9

Mitch woke up laying on his back with Scotts left arm under his shoulders and neck. Scotts right hand touching Mitch's side gently.

Scotts back was pressed up against the couch so Mitch could lay down on his back, not disturbing his rib. Scotts lips were gently brushing against the side of Mitch's head.

Mitch widened his eyes and tried to move, just to receive a sharp pain in his side. Mitch was trapped in Scotts warmth, what a shame.

Mitch looked at the clock and saw that it was seven, Scott didn't need to be at work for another couple hours.

Mitch turned his head to stare up at Scott, causing Scotts lips to be pressed against Mitch's forehead. Mitch backed his head up and tapped on Scotts shoulder.

Scotts eyes fluttered open and stared down at Mitch. Scott jerked his hands away and looked around him.

Scott sat up and moved to the other side of the couch, "Sorry about that."

Mitch giggled and wrapped the blanket around him tighter.

Connie came into the room, "You boys are finally up!"

Mitch looked at Scott, frightened that Connie had saw them. Scott just smirked and ran his fingers through his hair.

"I just started making breakfast, Scott you need to be at work in a couple hours, and Mitch I made a doctors appointment for you. I hope you didn't mind." Connie said, "We need to check out your broken bones and make sure you're healthy, it will only be for an hour or so."

Mitch was always terrified of doctors, but he knew he needed to see them sometimes, "Thank you so much! Sounds great."

Mitch flashed a fake smile towards her and held his hands out for Scott to help him up. Scott hobbled Mitch to the bathroom so he could freshen up, and felt Mitch getting a little stronger.

"How does your ribs feel?" Scott asked.

"They feel better than a couple days ago." Mitch shrugged.

Scott nodded and leaned against the door frame, waiting for Mitch.

When Mitch was done, Scott helped him sit down at the table. They all ate their breakfast, and got ready for the day.

Scott jogged down the stairs and sat on the couch next to Mitch, "My sister just texted and said she's coming back from summer camp soon."

Mitch smiled at Scott, "Well that's good."

"And your birthday is coming up fast! What are you gonna do for it? What do you want as a gift?" Scott said excitedly.

Mitch giggled, "I don't want anything, you have already done too much for me. And I'm probably just going to hang out around my house."

Scott scoffed, "Yeah right, I'm throwing you a party and getting you a present. Like it or not."

Mitch set an elbow down on the table to cover his smile with his hand, "You really don't need to."

Scott ignored him and fixed Mitch's plate.

When they were all eating Scott spoke up, "So what do you actually want for your birthday. And don't say that you don't want anything, I want to get you something."

Connie looked up at Mitch and nodded we head. Mitch looked at his plate for a minute, "I can't think of anything because I have everything already. And I couldn't possibly list off overly expensive items for you to purchase me because you have given me so much already. Every day waking up here is like a present."