32

Scott and Mitch both glanced at each other and back at the teacher.

"I-I dunno." Scott said.

Mitch kept his head down and let Scott talk, great full that Scott said that. Neither of the two wanted to perform that again because of the fact that they needed to kiss each other. It wasn't a big deal in the past because they were dating, but now it if because they aren't and are still mad at each other.

"Oh please! The inspector needs a good play or else he will cut off our funding!" The teacher begged.

Mitch licked his lips, "We will do it."

Scott snapped his head towards Mitch and was about to say something before the teacher squealed.

"Oh thank you! We only have a little bit of school left so we can just practice the play for the rest of the year!" The teacher explained before walking away.

Scott looked at Mitch, "What the hell?"

Mitch glared at Scott, "What? Are you going to be that unprofessional?"

Scott huffed, "I don't wanna kiss you, gross."

Mitch rolled his eyes, "What happened to my lips being addictive?"

Scott looked at the rest of the group and blushed, "I didn't mean it, you don't brush your teeth because you can't afford toothpaste. So stop flattering yourself."

Mitch swallowed and didn't say anything back. He felt as if he were about to cry so he decided not to speak.

~

"Can you please come over?" Scott asked Kirstie through the phone, "I don't have work today."

"Sure, I'll be over soon." Kirstie said before hanging up.

Scott looked out his window for Kirstie and rushed to the door when she was approaching.

"Okay tell me why you broke up and why you treated him like trash today." Kirstie said while sitting down on Scotts couch.

Scott sighed, he didn't want to tell Kirstie about Mitch and Travis just in case, "Well, you know how Travis is kind of a bully towards Mitch?"

"Yeah he used to beat him." Kirstie said.

Scott cleared his throat, "Okay, well I don't want anything to happen between Mitch and Travis so I asked Esther, his manager. Mitch wasn't telling me if Travis was beating him again, so I had to ask and Mitch got all mad at me and said that I wasn't respecting his privacy. Then I said that he was getting touched for money at work and-"

"You called him a fucking slut again?" Kirstie yelled at Scott.

Scott looked at Kirstie, "Y-yeah I guess."

Kirstie huffed, "That is the one thing that really gets to him, Scott! And you didn't do it once, but twice!"

Scott shrunk further into the couch, "It was just in the heat of the moment."

Kirstie stood up and grabbed her jacket, "Okay I'm on Mitch's side because whatever he isn't telling you he is obviously keeping from you for a reason and because he cares about you. You need to learn how to stay out of people business and not call people unnessacery names."

Kirstie slammed the door to leave Scott with his thoughts. Scott started to feel worse than he already did about this incident.

'He doesn't deserve this' Scott thought.

Scott was feeling bad about this whole thing and understood why Mitch wanted to break up, but he still thought Mitch was being an asshole.

Scott sighed and put his hands over his face.

~

Mitch walked into the theater room with a knot in his stomach a week later.

"My two main characters get on the front stage first!" The teacher yelled, signaling Scott and Mitch to get on stage.

They both huffed and entered the stage.

The teacher smiled at the both of them, "Do you still remember the correct steps we practiced to lead into the kiss?"

Scot swallowed and nodded his head, then Mitch.

"Okay good! Can you go through it for me?" The teacher asked while sitting in the front row to observe.

Scotts eyes widened as he glanced towards Mitch who was blushing.

Scott got in his correct steps and swallowed nervously.

Scott walked forward a couple steps and said his lines flawlessly.

Mitch responded and watched Scott nervously place a hand on Mitch's shoulder.

Scott tiled Mitch's chin up and felt himself leaning in.

Just as they were about to kiss Scott stopped and pulled away.

"What was that you two?" The teacher asked, "You need to practice the whole thing!"

Scott shrugged, "I'm sick, and I don't want Mitch to get sick too."

The teacher nodded, "Well you better be healed before we perform."

Scott nodded and hopped off stage. Mitch shyly walked off stage and sat down next to the teacher.

Scott carefully sat next to Mitch and cleared his throat, "S-So, I was wondering if you wanted to meet up somewhere to talk."

"There's nothing to talk about." Mitch said flatly.

Scott sighed, "Listen, I know you're mad at me but I talked to Kirstie and she said that I was being a dick. I know I should respect your personal space and if you don't want to tell me something I should just leave it there."

Mitch bit his lip, "Is that all?"

Scott thought for a little and made a face of realization, "I didn't mean to call you that-"

Mitch scoffed, "You didn't mean to say something that you knew would hurt my feelings."

Scott swallowed, "Well I didn't mean for it to hurt you as much as it did, and I'm really sorry. I know that you take that kind of topic seriously and I shouldn't have used it against you, it was just in the heat of the moment and I was mad at you and I handled it the wrong way."

Mitch looked up at the stage and back at Scott, "You know when you said that to me, it reminded me of Travis. He used to do the same thing, and that's how he started becoming more and more abusive. It started out with him doing that sort of thing and then it escalated because I didn't get out of the relationship when I had the chance."

Scotts eyes widened, "I-I promise I'm nothing like him, it was one time and you know that I wouldn't do that to you."

Mitch sighed, "This has happened twice now Scott. You purposely tried to make me feel bad about myself and that's not what a boyfriend is supposed to do."

"How can I prove myself to you? I know I fucked up." Scott begged quietly so the teacher didn't hear them.

Mitch shook his head, "I just need some alone time right now Scott."

Mitch stood up and walked out of the room as the bell rang, leaving Scott alone.