33

"Every day that goes by I feel more and more guilty about it!" Scott explained to Kirstie as he flopped down on his bed.

"And you can't blame him either, I know you would never treat Mitch like Travis treats him, but I can see why he would think you would. Travis started out by doing the same exact thing that you are doing, and he probably feels like if he stays in a relationship with you, then you will begin to abuse him as well." Kirstie stated.

"I-I would never." Scott whispered.

Kirstie sighed, "Well, prove it to him."

Scott but his lip and waited a little before responding to Kirstie, "How has he been?"

Kirstie smiled a little bit, "From what he is telling me, he's been okay. He is sad that you two broke up, but he's keeping himself busy with work. And he will get his license soon, he said he's saving up for a car."

"I completely forgot that he's learning how to drive." Scott said to himself.

"Yeah, he has been showing up to school early to take the class." Kirstie said before standing up, "Thanks for inviting me over to chat, but I have to meet up with Mitch too."

Scott stood up as well, "Can you tell him I... Said hi?"

Kirstie chuckled and patted Scott on the shoulder, "Yeah, I'll tell him."

Sort smiled and sat down after hugging Kirstie good bye.

Kirstie left Scotts house and started to drive to Mitch's work to have coffee with him.

~

"Hey." Mitch said as he handed Kirstie a cup of coffee.

Kirstie smiled and took the cup of coffee greedily.

Kirstie and Mitch say in silence for a little bit before Kirstie spoke up, "You know Scott misses you right?"

Mitch didn't look at Kirstie as she spoke and kept them on the cup in his hands, "Yeah, I know."

"Do you miss him?" Kirstie asked.

Mitch bit his lip, "I know I shouldn't, but I do."

"So why don't you get back together with him?"

Mitch sighed, "When me and Travis first started dating, he gradually started to do the same thing that Scott is doing. And I don't think I could take another abusive relationship, mentally I can't handle it."

Kirstie nodded, "You don't really think that Scott would turn out like Travis do you? He's so sweet."

"So was Travis, and I don't think I can take that chance again." Mitch said barely above a whisper.

Kirstie shivered at Mitch's words and instantly felt bad for Scott that he would have trouble winning him back, "Do you think that there is any chance of you two getting back together?"

Mitch shrugged, "I dunno, probably not."

Kirstie swallowed and nodded her head, "Can you at least try to give him a second chance."