38

Mitch pulled into the parking space flawlessly and hopped out, "How did I do?"

Scott opened the car door and held his hand out for Mitch, "You did great! You're probably a better driver than me."

Mitch smiled proudly and opened the door for Scott to enter.

As they got situated at the table Mitch stole a glance at Scott, "Hey Scottie guess what?"

Scott put down his menu to give Mitch his full attention, "I love you."

Scott took a second to process what he just said slowly broke out into a massive grin, "I love you too honey."

Scott leaned over to give Mitch a kiss and pulled back with a very red face, "You said it so casually."

Mitch giggled a little, "Well I was looking at the menu and I was thinking about how much you mean to me and that I love you a whole lot. And I realized we had never said it to each other, but we both knew we loved each other."

Scott tilted his head and smiled, "That's very sweet, I think I have loved you ever since we started dating. And I think that we both got the message that we loved each other without words."

Mitch closed his menu and rested his chin on his hand, "I'm also paying for this lunch."

"I'll pay, you are saving up for a car." Scott fought.

Mitch shook his head and looked at the waiter approaching them, "You always pay, I wanna do it this time."

"What can I get you to drink?" The waiter asked.

"Two waters please." Mitch said.

The waiter nodded and went back to the kitchen.

Scott chuckled a little, "You're in a really good mood today."

Mitch sat up straighter, "I know I am, today is treating me good. I woke up in my boyfriends arms and then woke him up by kissing him. Then I wore my favorite outfit to school, and no one said anything mean to me! Then I cuddled with you during the movie and no one saw and then I got to drive to a date with the person that I love. And to top it all off, I don't feel like shit like I usually do because of my new medication."

"I'm glad you're having a good day today baby." Scott said while drinking from the water the waiter sat in front of him.

"What can I get you to eat?" The waiter asked.

"Just a salad for me." Mitch said after Scott ordered.

Scott smiled lovingly into Mitch's eyes, "You're beautiful, you know that?"

Mitch giggled and batted his eyelashes, "Thank you."

~

"Do you wanna drive home, or do you want me to?" Scott asked as he let Mitch pay for the food.

Mitch turned to Scott, "I want you to drive so you can put your hand on my knee like you always do."

Scott go into the car and started it before placing his hand on Mitch's knee like he requested.

Mitch smiled proudly and looked out of the window as Scott drove to his house.

"So you don't need to answer this if it makes you uncomfortable but, are the anti depressants making you how you would normally be without depression?" Scott asked carefully.

Mitch looked at him and grinned, "The anti depressants are making me how I would be without depression. So if I was never diagnosed or ever had this, then this is how I would act all the time."