41

Mitch was sitting in between Scotts legs on the chair in Mitch's house.

Mitch had deep cleaned his house and showed Scott around last month, and since then Scott has been obsessed.

All he could talk about was the furniture and all the remodeling he would do if they lived in this house.

Mitch didn't mind at all and was happy that Scott was so excited to move in, if the opportunity rose.

Mitch looked at the door as he saw the door handle jiggle and Mitch's dad walk in.

Mitch widened his eyes and reached for a blanket to cover Scott with, but his dad already saw him.

"Who the fuck is thi-" Mike started out with saying, "Actually, I don't care you're living on your own now."

Mitch retracted the blanket and slowly turned his head towards Scott.

"S-So you found a house, and this one is mine?" Mitch asked his dad.

Mike threw a suitcase on his bed, "Yeah, you can have this piece of shit house. I'm moving in with a girl I met in Florida, I'm leaving tonight as soon as I pack all my stuff in the moving van outside."

Mitch looked at the open door and saw a moving van. Mitch looked at Scott with a huge smile on his face.

Neither of them expected this to happen this quickly, but weren't complaining.

Mitch hopped up and went into a room to help box things up. Scott followed him and grabbed a box.

All three of them were throwing Mikes shit in boxes and hauling them into the truck for multiple hours straight.

"Do you want this furniture?" Scott asked Mike.

Mike shook his head, "Fuck no."

Scott went back to Mitch and hauled the last box out to the van.

Mike hopped in the passengers seat of the van and looked at the house and his son one last time.

Mike stepped out an walked up to Mitch, "Take care my boy." He held out a hand for Mitch to shake it and then hopped into the van again.

He drove off without another word, leaving Mitch speechless.

Scott put a hand on Mitch's shoulder and turned him slightly.

Mitch met eyes with him, "That was the nicest he has ever been to me."

Scott smiled and rubbed his back, "How about we check out our new house?"

Mitch slowly turned to face the house and walked inside.

Mitch's house was just a big open space when you walked in and a bedroom to the right, and a full bathroom to the left. In the middle it had a pretty big closet and on the side of the house was a side door and windows.

All that was left in the house was the old soap in the bathroom, a ripped chair, and a stained couch. Plus the stove and fridge/ freezer.

"Do you wanna move these chairs and couches outside to throw away?" Mitch asked.

Scott nodded and picked up one end to carry it outside.

They moved both pieces outside to the curb and stood in the center of the room.

Scott put his arms around Mitch and kissed the back of his ear, "We can finally start our lives together it feels like."

Mitch smiled and looked around, "We need to go tell your mom."