39

Mitch broke out into a huge smile and looked over at Travis who was standing there with his mouth hanging open.

"Are you sure? Mitch can't do anything right and can barely lift a box!" Travis argued.

Esther raised an eyebrow, "Mitch is the most dedicated and hard working employee I have every had, please give me your uniform and I will mail you your final check."

Mitch's breathing started to pick up as he leaped at Esther to give her a hug, "Thank you!"

Esther smiled and hugged back. Travis watched them and threw his apron on the floor and stormed out of the shop.

Mitch pulled away with a red face and giggled a little, "Travis said you wouldn't choose me."

"Why wouldn't I? You are a very good worker. And since it's just you and me working now, you work more hours." Esther explained.

Mitch smiled impossibly more and hugged Esther again, "You have no idea how much this means to me. Thank you so much!"

Esther smiled, "I'll mail you your new schedule, other than that, you're free to go."

Mitch pulled away and said good bye before exiting the store with a grin on his face.

He saw Scott walking towards him to pick him up and ran to him.

"Scott! Travis got fired!" Mitch explained before jumping in his arms and connecting their lips.

Scott pulled back after a minute and looked into Mitch's eyes, "I knew you would keep the job."

Scott turned around and started to walk back to the car with Mitch still in his arms.

"And that's not even the best part! I get more hours so I will make more money!" Mitch explained as Scott was buckling him in.

Scott sat down and started the car, "I'm so proud of you."

Mitch giggled and looked out of the window, "This means I will get my car faster, then I can move out faster and get a better job and start my life!"

"That's not for a while now." Scott assured him.

Mitch bounced in his seat and waited until the car was stopped to get out of the car.

Mitch opened the door and ran into Scotts house, "Connie! I got a promotion at work!"

Connie looked at him and smiled, "That's great! You can get your car quicker now!"

Mitch nodded and ran back to Scott to give him another hug.

Scotts heart melted and closed his eyes to hug back, "How do we wanna celebrate?"

Mitch pulled back with a large grin on his face, "How about we stay in? And cuddle?"

Scott let his hands slide down to Mitch's waist, "That sounds perfect honey."

Mitch stood on his tippy toes and pecked Scotts lips, "Well let's go."

Scott chuckled and turned back to his mom. Connie looked at her phone and back up at Scott, "Me and Lindsay are going to have a 'girls night' so you and Mitch have the house to yourselves."

Scott nodded and wrapped an arm around Mitch's waist, "Okay, we'll be here."

Connie smirked slightly and waved a goodbye to them before leaving the house with Lindsay.

Scott turned to go up the stairs, "Was Travis mean to you when he found out that you got the job and he didn't?"

Mitch shrugged, "Yeah, and before he said that I wouldn't get picked."