20

Scott and Mitch sat down next to each other at lunch, about to tell their group of friends that they are dating and gay.

"Hey guys." Kirstie said as she sat down next to Jeremy.

Alex sat on the other side of Scott and smiled at him.

They all started eating in silence until Scott spoke up, "There's something that we need to tell you guys."

Mitch felt his cheeks redden and scooted closer to Scott, "Yeah."

Scott looked down at Mitch and back at his friends, "We're kind of dating now?"

Kirstie widened we eyes and broke out into a huge smile, "Oh my gosh! I knew it."

Jeremy smiled at them and congratulated them, while Alex stayed quiet and continued to eat his lunch.

"Y'all need to keep it quiet, we trust you guys not to tell anyone." Scott whispered.

Everyone nodded their heads and went to asking questions.

"When did you start dating?" Kirstie asked in a hushed tone.

"Yesterday night." Mitch answered.

Kirstie squealed, "You guys are such a cute couple!"

Scott and Mitch looked at each other and smiled. Scott took Mitch's hand and kissed the back of it.

Mitch blushed and looked to see if anyone was looking at them and they all continued with their lunch.

~

"Alex was really quiet when we said that we were dating." Mitch said while closing his locker.

"It's not like he's against gay people or anything because he is gay." Scott said.

They both shrugged it off and walked into their choir class.

"I told the principal that I'm going to take drivers ed and she said that I can show up for school early some days so I can take it then. If I didn't do that then I would have needed to replace my choir with that class." Mitch mentioned.

"Wouldn't want that." Scott said while sitting in his seat next to Mitch.

"Alright class, start by warming up your voice and then I will choose a winner for the musical!" The teacher said excitedly.

Scott and Mitch both started to warm up their voices together. Scott let his eyes flicker down to Mitch's lips.

"I miss your kisses." Scott whispered.

Mitch blushed and quickly pecked Scotts lips. They were seated in the back of the classroom so no one saw them.

Scott smirked and continued on with class. They continued to warm up their voices for a few more minutes until the teacher shushed them.

"Okay class! I thought all of your ideas were fabulous, but the musical I chose was." The teacher started, "Scott and Mitch's idea of Romeo and Julian!"

Everyone turned to stare at them, some with congratulating smiles, and some with glares.

Scott and Mitch turned to smile at each other and turned their attention back to the teacher.

"I tried to pick a script that was important in today's conflict and I think this one demonstrates that very well!" The teacher said, clearing her throat, "This musical is about two men who are being kept apart by society telling them that a man and a man can not be together. And I think that sends a good message in the end, that love is love and no one should keep you from loving some one."