26

"I'm not that hungry." Mitch said as he pushed his salad around.

Scott squinted his eyes at him, "The doctor said you needed to gain weight, so eat up."

Mitch sighed and pushed a tomato in his mouth.

"People are looking at me weird." Mitch whispered as he pulled at the end of his dress.

"They aren't used to seeing a man pull off a dress better than a girl." Scott said.

Mitch put a hand up to cover his face, "Why did I put on so much fucking makeup, god I'm such a slut." Mitch whispered.

Scott narrowed his eyes at Mitch, "What was that?"

Mitch looked at him through the cracks of his fingers, "I just said I'm wearing too much makeup."

"You're wearing mascara and highlight, that's it. And there is no such thing as too much makeup, because if you feel pretty and confident then wear all you want." Scott told him.

Mitch slowly retracted his hand and put them in his lap.

Scott reached over for Mitch's hands and kissed them, "You are beautiful Mitchy, please tell me if you ever feel bad about yourself and I'll tell you over and over again just how gorgeous you really are."

Mitch felt himself blush, but if didn't make him feel better. He still had Travis's words running through his head about how he was fat and ugly.

"Thank you, but I feel fine." Mitch assured him.

Scott waited a second and looked into Mitch's eyes before letting go of his hands.

Scott reached behind him and pulled out a flower he had put there to give to Mitch, "I got you this."

Mitch took the flower and smiled, "Thank you, it's beautiful."

Scott tilted Mitch's head up a little, "Almost as beautiful as you."

Scott leaned in and pressed his lips to Mitch's. Mitch pulled back immediately and looked around, "People are watching."

Scott rolled his eyes, "Let them watch." Scott said before continuing to kiss Mitch.

When Scott and Mitch finally pulled back they were both blushing.

"You know that you are instantly beautiful, right?" Scott whispered.

Mitch chuckled and met Scotts eyes, "You tell me this everyday."

"Do you believe it? And be honest." Scott said.

Mitch shrugged, "Can we just go?"

Scott nodded and glanced at Mitch's untouched food. They both stood up and payed for the food before leaving the restaurant.

"Where are we going now?" Mitch asked as he sat in Scotts car.

"I wanna take you to the beach." Scott said as he started to drive.

Mitch sat up straighter and smiled, "Yay! I love the beach."

Scott chuckled and interlocked his hand with Mitch's.

Mitch stared at their hands and slowly smiled to himself. Scott continued to drive with his left hand to the beach where they would spend the rest of their date.

~

Scott and Mitch were laying down on the sand on the secluded beach.