30

"Why would you do that?" Mitch practically yelled at Scott about his and Esther's conversation.

"I was just going to go in and see if she could look at the cameras to see if Travis has been doing anything!" Scott responded.

Mitch opened his mouth slightly and furrowed his eyebrow, "I told you that he wasn't! Do you not trust me?"

Scott sighed, "Of course I trust you, I just wanted to make sure that Travis wasn't doing anything."

"That's the same thing as not trusting me, Scott."

Scott laid down on his bed, "You just... Mean a lot to me, and if something were to happen to you I would be devastated."

Mitch sat on the edge of Scotts bed cautiously and didn't say anything.

Scott rolled over to face him, "Can you please be honest with me when I ask if he's touching you at work?"

Mitch felt his stomach turn and he shifted in his seat.

Just the slight pause that Mitch did told Scott everything he needed to know.

"He is?" Scott whispered, his voice cracking slightly.

Mitch shrugged, "Please don't overreact, I want to keep this job more than anything."

"Sometimes you just need to worry about yourself more than a job." Scott mumbled.

"This job is about myself Scott! This job is allowing me to save up money to get away from my abusive dad! He has been hurting me for most of my life, and this job is an opportunity to get away from that!" Mitch yelled.

Scott didn't even seemed phased about Mitch yelling at him, "You just told me that you are getting touched for money, to get away from someone who abuses you."

"I am not fucking getting touched for money, I'm serving coffee for money!" Mitch screamed as he felt tears start to build up.

Scott pressed his lips together in a line and stood up, "You know, it wouldn't surprise me if you were getting touched for money."

Scott pushed past Mitch to exit his own room and slammed the door on his way out.

Mitch opened his mouth, shocked at what Scott said. He angrily picked up his jacket and wiped his eyes.

He opened the door and stormed downstairs to leave Scotts house.

"Where are you going?" Scott asked.

Mitch turned to face him, "It's not like you care, or ever fucking did."

Mitch whipped open the front door and slammed it. He started to walk to his house and felt more tears stream down his face.

''Scott just said that I get touched for money, he just called me a slut again.' Mitch thought.

Mitch opened his house door and shut it, not wanting to disturb his dad.

He sat on the chair and broke down into tears. He looked at the clock and saw that he needed to be at work soon, and considering he was walking, he should leave soon.

Mitch was getting off the couch and looked at his dad who was exiting his room.

"Why are you so fucking loud?" He asked groggily.

Mitch sniffled, "I-I'm sorry, I was just leaving."

Mike shuffled towards Mitch a little, "Why are you crying?" Mike asked, sounding annoyed.

Mitch wiped his eyes and looked at his dad curiously, "Umm- I just got in a fight."

Mike yawned, "Don't be a pussy, what was the fight about?"

Mitch could sense the level of disinterest his dad was showing, "Scott just did something behind my back, risking something very important to me."

"Your boyfriend?" Mike asked.

Mitch hesitated to answer but put a hand on the doorknob, "I don't know." He mumbled bravely.

Mitch immediately threw open the door after he said that and scurried out of the house.

He started to walk to the coffee shop and thought about how he and his dad's conversation went. It was actually the most they have talked this year, and it went pretty decent.

Mitch just figured that his dad was on a new type of drug that made him act like that and dismissed it.

Mitch looked at the time and started to jog.

~

When Mitch got there he still had red rimmed eyes. He was a few minutes late, but he didn't care.

"Hey Mitch, what's wrong?" Esther asked, noticing Mitch's tear stained cheeks.

Mitch shrugged and tightened his apron, "I got in a fight, no biggie."

Esther looked back to see if Travis was there and wasn't behind the fight and nodded her head, "I'm gonna stay here today and work with you and Travis."

Mitch furrowed his eyebrow, "I know you have a lot of meetings to go to, it's on the work calendar. And I know Scott came to talk to you, and you really don't need to supervise me and Travis."

Esther cleared her throat, "Safety is my number one priority, no one will be getting bullied in my shop."

"And no one is, you don't need to be worried." Mitch assured her.

Esther shifted her weight on her other foot, "You will tell me if anything is going on around here, and if there is any drama between you and Travis right?"

Mitch nodded his head, knowing he wasn't going to.

Esther weakly smiled at Mitch and gave him a hug before leaving to go to her meetings.

Mitch sighed as soon as she left and felt Travis staring at him, "What?"

Travis leaned on the counter, "Why didn't you tell her what I was doing to you?"

Mitch looked at his feet, "B-because you said you would tell everyone at school that I was gay, and dating Scott."

Travis smiled proudly, "And did you tell Scott that this is happening too?"

"It may have slipped t-that you were verbally hurting me, not p-physically." Mitch said shyly.

Travis nodded, "What was that fight about, and don't you dare lie to me."

Mitch swallowed dryly, "Umm, Scott t-talked to Esther about you and me and our past. And I didn't want to cause trouble for Esther so I got mad at him, then he got mad at me."

Travis didn't respond for a moment, "Tell Scott to keep away from your past and not to butt into other peoples business. Everything that happens at work stays at work, understood? If you fucking tell Scott anything about this, the whole school will find out about you and Scott. Then this school will be just as bad at your last one."

Mitch felt a wave of heat come over him and felt the urge to throw up, "I'll break up with Scott."

Travis smirked and went back to work. Mitch just stood there for a little and decided to keep everything hidden from Scott, in order to protect both of them.

"Get your fatass up and go to work." Travis said.