16

"So tomorrow's the date!" Scott said to Mitch as they walked to choir.

Mitch chuckled, "It's not a date, we are just tagging along because we are loners."

Scott laughed a little, "Are you still spending the night tonight?"

Mitch nodded, "If my dad saw me in a dress, he wouldn't be happy."

Scott frowned and continued to walk into class.

They both sat down and began to warm up their voices like they do every day.

"I have some very important news, class! We are going to be having a musical! And you will all need to pair up and come up with an idea, that is around the topic of love!" The teacher explained, "Full scripts due Monday, and you have all class today to work! If I pick your musical, they you two will star in it!"

Scott and Mitch both looked at each other to signal that they would be each others partners.

"We should base it off of Romeo and Juliet." Mitch suggested.

Scott got out his notebook to take notes, "Romeo and Julian, two boys names."

Mitch laughed, "Yeah! And if could be how the society doesn't like gay people, but they are in love."

Scott wrote it down on his notebook and smiled, "That was easy, now the script."

~

Scott drove Mitch home from school, because Mitch was spending the night.

"Lindsay is gonna be there." Scott said, pulling into his driveway.

"Well she does live here." Mitch said, getting out of the car.

Scott carried he and Mitch's bags in and set them on the couch.

"Mom we are home!" Scott said, shutting the door.

Connie yelled back a hello and Scott and Mitch went up to Scott room.

Mitch sat on Scotts bed and started picking his nails. Scott sat next to him and turned on the tv.

"Excited for tomorrow?" Scott asked, laying down.

Mitch smiled when Scott put his head in Mitch's lap, "Yeah, I'm really excited about my outfit too. It may just seem like a dress, but an outfit can express someone really well."

Scott smiled and looked up at Mitch, "And you look fabulous in it."

Mitch giggled, "Thank you."

"Do you think our musical is gonna win?" Scott asked.

"I think it's a really developed topic and written very well, so yes." Mitch said.

"We should rehearse then." Scott said.

Mitch smiled and sat down on the floor, getting his script out. Mitch crossed his legs and began singing his lines.

~

"But we can't be together!" Scott sang while smiling.

"I guess this will have to do!" Mitch quietly sang.

Scott smirked a little and blushed. Mitch put his script down, "And I would do this." He said to himself.

Mitch put his hands on Scotts shoulders and Scott put his hands on Mitch's waist, "And then you would lean in."

"And kiss you." Scott finished.

Scott began to slowly lean in while Mitch was blushing and looking at Scotts lips as they were getting closer to his.