12

Mitch woke up extra early so he could leave before his dad woke up. He hurriedly got ready and left to go to Scotts house.

Scott told Mitch to come over so they could walk together.

Mitch got Scott and we're now walking together to school.

"You look, nice." Scott said.

Mitch looked down at his attire. He was wearing worn out blue jeans and a torn leather jacket.

"Does it look bad?" Mitch asked, "I tried my hardest to look straight today, I even put my hair in a bun."

Scott laughed a little, "Why do you wanna look straight?"

"At my old school I got bullied for being gay, they could tell by my look. I don't wanna get bullied his year, so I changed my look." Mitch said.

Scott rolled his eyes, "The outfit looks fine, it's just not you. You should be free to do what ever you want, it's your body."

Mitch nodded and walked inside the school, "I gotta go get my schedule, I'll be back."

Scott nodded and went into the gym to sit with his friends.

"Hey guys." Scott greeted.

"Hello." Alex said, scooting over to let Scott sit.

"I have a friend Mitch that is gonna sit with us." Scott said.

They all nodded and sat in silence.

Mitch walked into the gym and looked for Scott. When he found him he smile and started walking towards him.

"This is Mitch." Scott introduced.

They all shook his hand and Mitch had a seat.

"So what's your schedule Mitch?" Jeremy asked.

Mitch held out his schedule and coughed a little bit to lower his voice, "I have physical education, social studies, English, math, science, computers, choir, and study hall."

Scott stared at Mitch and squinted his brows, "Mitch can I talk to you."

Scott shuffled over to talk to Mitch privately, "Why did you lower your voice?"

"My voice is really high, and if people heard it then they would think I was gay." Mitch whispered.

"You can't talk like that all year, just talk normally." Scott said.

Mitch nodded and scooted closer to the rest of the group, "What's your guys schedule like?"

They all looked at Mitch because of his change of voice but decided to ignore it, "I have all different classes except first hour and social studies." Jeremy said.

"Me and Alex have the same schedule, and we only have English, math, and choir together." Scott said.

Kirstie looked at Mitch's schedule and backs at hers, "We have all the same classes!"

Scott looked at her and smiled, "Nice."

~

Mitch walked into his first hour with Jeremy and Kirstie, just to get stopped by the teacher.

"Kirstie, Jeremy take a seat. Why don't you introduce yourself to the class Mitchell?" The teacher said.

Mitch turned to all the seated children and blushed, "I'm Mitchell, but you can call me Mitch."