21

Scott and Mitch were sitting next to each other in the school theater, casting auditions.

"Next" Scott yelled.

Kirstie jumped out onto the stage with a large grin on her face, "Hello! I will be auditioning for the role of Julian's mother."

Scott and Mitch nodded their heads and waited for her to say the short lines that she was assigned.

"Thank you!" Mitch said cheerfully as he wrote something down on the clipboard after Kirstie was done.

Mitch stood up and followed Scott to talk to the teacher.

When they got closer, they saw their teacher and the principal chatting about something.

"Oh boys! I need you to explain the play to Principal Johnson and do a run through of the final scene." The teacher said.

Scott and Mitch explained the play to their principal and jumped on stage, excited that they got to lock lips.

Scott sang his lines, as well as Mitch and glanced back at the teacher and the principal.

Mitch leaned in and closed his eyes, waiting for Scott to press his lips to his.

Scott put a hand behind Mitch's neck and pulled him closer, kissing Mitch on stage.

Mitch smiled into the kiss and felt his knees grow weak, leaned forward. Scott pulled back and looked into Mitch's eyes or a second.

The teacher began clapping and the principal crossed his legs awkwardly.

Scott and Mitch hoped off stage, "So how was it?"

"This does not follow the school guidelines, this is very inappropriate. We are not a school to promote homosexual behavior." The principal said harshly.

The teacher looked at him confused, "This isn't promoting anything, any relationship should be treated equally."

The principal looked at Scott and Mitch, "Surely they can't be comfortable with kissing each other in front off the whole school."

Scott and Mitch looked at each other with slight grins in their faces, "We don't mind, it's just a school play."

The teacher turned back to the principal with a smirk on her face, "They are fine with it."

Principal Johnson looked at his watch and sighed, "Send permission slips home explaining how this involves gay rights, making sure their parents are fine with it. I can't legally do anything, but you will send home permission slips."

Mitch felt his heart drop and turned to Scott slowly, "My dad will need to sign it."

Scott and Mitch began walking away from the teacher so they could talk.

"My dad will see that I will be kissing you and won't sign the slip." Mitch said.

Scott put a hand around Mitch's shoulder, "Maybe they won't make us take home permission slips because we wrote the play."

Mitch leaned into Scotts touch and signed, "I wanna be able to kiss you all the time for class."

The corners of Scotts mouth turned up in a smile and shrugged his book bag over his shoulder.

Mitch picked up his book bag as well and walked out of the class into next hour.

~

"First day of work is in an hour! How are you feeling?" Scott asked as he pulled into his driveway.