5. Some hope

My last two classes flew by. I wasn't that interested in world history or gym. I avoided Harry and his bimbo. Yes I am still going to call her that. I was now pulling up to my driveway. My mom's car was not in the garage. I stepped out into the autumn heat. I looked across the street. Anne was standing on her front porch smiling at me. She waved awkwardly. I took in a deep sigh stomping over to her. I walked up the stone path feeling the angry rise in me. How could she not tell me her son had a girlfriend? This was a game changer. I stopped right in front of her. She her bright smile faded when she notice my glare.

"What happened?" She asked reaching out to me with worry. I backed away from her hand.

"Why didn't you tell me he has a girlfriend?" My teeth were clenched together. She stood there just staring at me. What? She had nothing to say suddenly. "Don't you think I deserved to know? A little heads up or something. I completely humility myself in front of half the school" I yelled. I was being over dramatic. It wasn't the whole school but I was over dramatic. What you see is what you get. She chose to 'hire' me. I tapped my foot waiting for her to answer. Suddenly her face lost all color. I thought for a moment she was going to fall to the ground.

"I-I um didn't know he had a girlfriend" She spoke in barley a whisper. All traces of angry left my body. Anne stood in front of me tears threatening to spill out. She was a hurting mother just realizing she didn't know her son at all. I tried to comfort her by rubbing her back.

"Anne, it's okay I didn't tell my parent when I had a boyfriend. I don't think any teenager really does." It was true my parents are crazy though. I had never brought a boy home. Anne was pulling herself together.

"I guess so" She mumbled tugging on the hem of her shirt. She looked at me with her blue eyes "Are you still willing to help me" Why was I such a sucker her puppy dog eyes. It was a problem.

"Yes. I'm still in" I sighed, backing away from her again. I black car pulled into her drive way. Louis and Harry stepped out. Harry squinted over at us a little taken back by the sight of me talking with his mother.

"Oi! Gracie babe what are you doing here?" Louis said standing with a hand on his car. He looked like he was posing for one of those car magazines that guys look at. There is usually a hot chick sitting on the hood of the car.

"Harry, This is Gracie she's our new neighbor" Anne was playing it smooth. She was pretending she was just meeting me. Harry walked over to us his backpack slug over one of his shoulder. He didn't once look at me. What did his bitch of a girlfriend warn him to stay away? This just keeps getting better and better.

"Mom I have to go. I have plans" He was being kind of rude but who is actual nice to their parents? Oh wait I was but I was a rebel.

"Honey just say hello it takes seconds" Anne was keeping calm and being very motherly. I bit my bit glancing over at Louis who was watching this scene unfold.

"I have already met her. NOW, I have plans I need to grab something," He complained before stomping off like a five year older. I gave Anne an apologetic look.
"I should get home" I smiled at her looking over at Louis. "I'll see you tomorrow Tomlinson" I waved over to him.

"Bye babe" He called giving me a wide smile. That boy always has a smile on his face. How is he friends with moody Harry? I turned back to Anne motioning to my phone; letting her know I'd call her later. I pranced away from her house. I was about to enter my front door when I heard a door slam. I looked over my shoulder to see Harry storming out of his house Anne yelling something at him as she reopened the front door. Harry climbed into Louis car and they sped off. I felt so bad for Anne. I never want to have kids. They just seem like a pain.