21. Dont Leave Her Side

I woke the next morning earlier than I would have liked. After maybe five hours of sleep, I got out of bed. I figured I should get up before my parents anyways. I don't want them to wake up to Louis in the house. I shuffled down the stairs rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. I noticed my dad putting his coat on.

"Morning dad" I called out "Where are you going" I got stopped on the last step as he turned to look at me. He didn't look right.

"He's going to work with his publicists again" Michelle's voice was bitter. She was still in her pajamas, her hair pulled back in a ponytail. She had a deep frown.

"You know how hard I worked on this book!" Dad fought back. I guess they had been arguing before and weren't done. "I want this to be perfect"

"You are never home these days!" Her voice was rising.

"Yeah because I'm trying to make this book better than the last" He defended himself.

"Yeah I'm sure" She rolled her eyes.

"I don't need this right now" He stormed out of the house. Michelle and I stood there in silence for a while but I decided to speak up. I wanted to know what that was all about.

"Is everything okay?" I asked walking over to her.

"Yeah I just miss him being here all the time" She shrugged her shoulder.

"You have me" I smiled heading to the kitchen.

"Oh! You have some explaining to do!" She shrieked. "Why was Louis in Niall's bed earlier?" I froze mid-step and swirled around to face her.

"Was?...As in he left?"

"Yes he left about an hour ago. What happened he was all beat up?" She looked a little concerned. I was glad she didn't ask him. He wasn't as good of liar as me. I thought back to the lie we had come up with.

"He was at this bar last night and this one guy was messing with this girl so Louis stepped in to help her. The other guy took a few swings at him. He then called me so I picked him up. I thought it would be okay" I gave her an innocent face. She narrowed her eyes and nodded accepting the lie. "Did he happen to mention why he had to leave?"

"He said something about babysitting the twins. He's such a good boy" We entered the kitchen. "Do you want me to make you something to eat?" I shook my head casually.

"No I'm just going to have some cereal or something" I walked to the fridge and grabbed the milk.

"Is Niall at Liam's house?" She asked digging for something in her purse.

"Yup" I poured honey nut cheerios in a bowl.

"I don't know how I feel about that, staying at his boyfriends." She groaned being very motherly.

"He's eighteen, he can do whatever he wants. Just like I could stay at my boyfriends-" I was trying to prove to her that I was an adult. Dad and her sometimes forget that I am.

"-If you had one" She cut me off. I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Is there anyone at school that's caught your eye?" I stuffed a mouthful of cheerios in my mouth.

"Nope" I chewed annoyingly.

"Come on!" She leaned on the counter holding a folded piece of paper in her hand. "I thought you and Josh were going to be something but then he went with Tina-"

"-Hey! Tina and Josh are really cute together" I spat not wanting to talk about boyfriends right now.

"Okay, okay but what about Harry? You two-"