F o r t y - t h r e e

It might be Taylor, it might be Louis. . . but they haven't talked well like they used to since this Sunday. It had been four days and they hadn't had a casual talk like they've just been involved in a terrible fight but in reality, Taylor was still annoyed at the fact that Louis knows about it and he kept bugging her about it for the rest of the day, that Sunday. As a punishment, she told herself she'll let herself cool off for a while. She still had no idea when though.

While at work, she received a text from Louis, to be honest, it's the first one she have read. And it simply said:

Can we talk later?

Maybe Taylor cooled off as she found herself typing the words:

Yep. Sorry for the past few days.

Then she read Louis' reply.

Hahaha, I knew it! You'd give in. ;) Love ya, White Queen. See ya later. Stay safe.

Taylor almost wanted to threw her phone away and shout as loud as she can. So Louis' also-silent treatment was a prank?! Yep, she had to admit, she did not see that one coming.

What the hell, Louis will always be Louis. She decided to ignore her annoyance with Louis and just carried on with her day instead. No, she does not want to stay annoyed at Louis anymore since. . . she had to admit, the past days were boring. But her being in her worst mood wasn't able to catch up on that one.

Taylor went home and nothing greeted her but a quiet house. She didn't see Louis' car in the driveway, the door was locked, and not a single noise. She was expecting she'd see Louis and Alison playing boardgames, watching movies or playing the piano but no, the house was really quiet.

She unlocked the door, sheer nervousness and worry running through her. She checked her phone a couple of times but Louis hadn't texted her about going somewhere. She went inside then closed the door behind her. The house wasn't only silent but dark too, none of the ceiling fans or lights were on, the windows mostly were covered with those golden curtains.

"Come on, guys. I've had enough pranks." Taylor said and her voice echoed through the house. Then back to silence wherein she could hear the fast throbbing of her heart. She wished it was a prank, she'd rather it was a prank than spend the whole day worrying about those two.

Finally, she heard a door open up from one of the rooms upstairs. "Dr. Swift?" Alison's voice echoed through the house. She also made her way to the stairs as she looked down at Taylor.

"Hey princess. Are you alone? Where's Uncle Louis?" Taylor asked, looking up at Alison.

"I don't know. He left earlier." Alison answered.

"Did he say where he's going?" That's when Taylor walked quickly towards the top of the stairs where Alison was standing.

Alison shook her head.

"Did he say anything?" Taylor asked.

Again, she shook her head.

Taylor sighed, "Okay, let's just talk inside the room." She led Alison to the room and she started asking her questions. They both sat on the bed while playing with her cats.

Eventually, they spent the entire afternoon doing nothing until evening came and Taylor decided not to good around anymore. It's getting really dark out and Louis isn't home yet.