SORRY

TOMMY

There was really nothing for me to say. She was right, I should've said something, but I didn't because that was my mother, and I didn't want to disrespect her but I also didn't want her disrespecting Kaysee. I decided to stay out of it, thinking it would be the right thing to do. I walked slowly back to the house as her words echoed in my head "I hate you for that, Tommy..." "I never ever, in life, want to speak to you again." I wondered if she meant it, but the seriousness was written all over her face. When I got back into the house everyone was sitting in the living room. I glared at my sister and she put her head down as I walked upstairs to my room. I put on jogging pants and threw my tennis ball up in the air. It helped me be calm even though I desperately wanted to snap. A soft knock was on the door as my brother cautiously walked in my room. I nodded, indicating that he could come in. He took a seat on my computer chair and faced me. 

"I'm sorry man." He sighed.

"Don't worry. I just lost the greatest thing that's happened to me in a long time, but no problem." I said sarcastically, and shrugged. 

"How long have you been keeping her a secret?" He asked.

"A year and 6 months." I said, being specific to emphasize my point. 

"Woah and you didn't even tell me?" He chuckled.

"I didn't tell anyone." I replied.

"Well, I like her, she's beautiful and dad thinks so too." He said, that made me feel a little better.

"Not like it matters now, she said she never ever wants to speak to me again. She thinks I knew they'd act that way." I told him.

"I didn't even predict that. They were mad harsh." He shook his head. "If she means that much to you, you should try and talk to her." He suggested. I nodded.

"And try talking to mom and Daina." He continued.

"Hell no. I'm done with them. Daina especially." I said loudly. 

"Well, whatever, just know that I got your back bro and I like her. She seems cool and fiesty, something to keep you on track." He smiled as I gave him a daps and he left. I shut my door and spent the whole night texting Kaysee about how sorry I was. She didn't reply until my final message. 

KAYSEE

It took me over an hour to get home on the bus, but I didn't care.I needed the time to clear my mind, my phone kept vibrating with messages from Tommy. I read them all as they came in one after the other. I changed his name from "My love" to simply "Asshole" in my phone.

Asshole:
Kaysee, I'm sorry.

Asshole:
You have to believe me
I didn't know,
I love you,
I would never plan that shit.

Asshole:
I understand that you're mad,
at least let's talk about it.
I don't want us to be over.
I love you. Please Kaysee.
Don't be like that.

I finally decided to respond just to end it here. 

Kaysee:

Look Tommy,
I'm done. finished.FINITO! 
I'm not dealing with you, 
Your family or anyone else. I feel set up, 
You betrayed every single feeling I had for you. 
Now stop texting me please, 
Don't call me, don't come to my house just live your life 
& I'll live mine. 

I left it at that, there was nothing more to say. I texted Ariel and asked her to come over. She came despite the fact that it was 10:30 at night. I couldn't stop crying. I couldn't hold it together, no matter how hard I tried. I couldn't help that my feelings were hurt. When Ariel came, I gave her a rundown on what happened as I broke down through most of the story.

"I'm sorry, Kay." She said rubbing circles on my back. I put my head in my hands as I sobbed. 

"I hate him so much, Ariel, you don't understand." I cried. 

"It wasn't his fault completely. Yes, he should've defended you, but he was stuck in between a rock and a hard place. People don't expect to chose between their family and their girlfriend at the first meeting. That's marriage drama." She said. 

I didn't care what anyone said, I appreciated her words, but it was now deeper than just our friends. It was deeper than any outside opinions, it was the principle that when I need him the most, he wasn't there for me. 

TOMMY 

On Monday Morning, I went looking for Kaysee, but she was no where to be found. At lunch, I stood by her locker and sent her a text.

"Looking for somebody." I turned to see Anna, I kissed my teeth and looked back at my phone.

"Daina told me about your 'family dinner' last night," she giggled. "I told you it wouldn't work out. She's not coming to school today..she got suspended last week." She informed me. 

I started walking away. 

"Don't you wanna know why?" She yelled after me.

"Nope, cause i'm pretty sure it involved you." I yelled back. 

Kaysee told me it was over, but I didn't want to accept that. I slept in all my classes because I wasn't interested. I had no motivation to complete my work right away cause now I had way more time on my hands then I use to. I went to practice and headed home. 

"Tommy, is that you?" My mom called from the kitchen, but I didn't answer. 

I tried to get up the stairs unnoticed but then she stood at the stairway. I sighed and looked at her. 

"I'm your mother, you can't just ignore me. If you're still mad about last night, I did what was best for you. I don't want you around that girl, she's a bad influence. She's going to bring unnecessary drama to the family. Just get with a sweet girl , like Anna." She said. 

"HA! You're so funny. Excuse me." I said, walking past her. 

"Are you doing this to rebel against me? Tell me this is just a phase, Tommy." She said, I hesistated my next step up the stairs. 

"No, it's not a phase. This has nothing to do with you." I said, that was the last thing I was going to say to her. I called Kaysee for what felt like the 100th time today. It rang and rang...

"Oh my gosh, Tommy, what?" She answered, sounding irritated.

"Can I come over?" I asked. 

"For what? I told you we're done.." She answered. 

"I just wanna see you. I'm sorry, Kaysee." He said. 

"I'm sorry too, I'm sorry I trusted you. I'm sorry I loved you. I'm sorry that I ever put all my time into something I knew just wouldn't work. Good bye, Tommy." She said as she hung up. 

COMMENT
VOTE,
FAN
:)