More surprises.

TOMMY

"Happy Birthday, Kaysee." I smiled. 

I couldn't read her face, I didn't know if she was happy, surprised, bothered, nothing..She just stared at me for a good 2 minutes, until her friend came and tapped on her.

"Are you alright, Kays?" She asked. 

"Oh, uh, yeah." She said, shaking her head; Her eyebrows drew together in confusion. "What are - What are you doing here?" She asked. 

I wasn't expecting that response, at all. 

"Oh..I, well I moved to New York."

"You did? When?" She asked.

"About a month ago..it's a long story." I said, not wanting to discuss it.

She nodded, "Okay." 

She grabbed a glass of champagne from a passing waitress, quickly downing it. She grabbed the waitress arm, and ushered for another. After her 3rd glass, she let out a huge breath. 

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Mhm." She said.

"Everything alright?" A tall, muscular guy came wrapping his arms around Kaysee's waist. I saw the sense of relief she got from him and automatically knew that they had some type of connection. 

"Yeah. Ezra, this is my friend from North Carolina,Tommy. Tommy this is my friend, Ezra." She introduced.

"Nice to meet you man." He smiled and shook my hand firmly. 

"I was just making sure you were having a good time. I'll be over there if you need me." He said, planting a kiss on her cheek before leaving. 

"Your boyfriend?" I asked. 

"No, he's my friend, like I said before." She said. 

"You don't seem to happy to see me." I sighed. 

"It's not that..I'm just in a bit of shock." She laughed nervously. "You thirsty? Want something to drink?" She asked. 

"Yeah, sure." I answered. 

She poured me a glass of champagne and handed it to me. 

"I didn't mean to ruin your time." I told her, genuinely.

"You didn't!" She said quickly, "I'm- I'm glad you're here. I really am." She smiled. 

I didn't know if she was saying to to ease my sadness or because she meant it, but I'd rather be an optimist than a pessimist. 

"I really want to spend time with you, and talk." I told her. 

"Well, I mean, I'm all partied out anyways." She shrugged.

It was almost 3AM, the club was going to close soon so I don't think she'd miss much anyways. She walked over to her friends and said her goodbyes. She headed over to Ezra and I saw the way she looked at him, the smile she gave him, the happiness that he gave her. He kissed her lips, and I saw the shock and then, a burst of passion as she returned it. She bit her lip gently as they released, he said something that made her laugh as she walked back over to me. 

KAYSEE

"Ezra, I'm leaving." I told him, tapping on his shoulder. 

"Alright, I'll see you later." He said and simply leaned down to kiss me. He did it so naturally but, I personally didn't see it coming. But I kissed him back and everything felt so different, I felt different, I just never experienced anything like that before. I smiled up at him, and giggled.