Adorn you..

TOMMY

I didn't know why she didn't understand. This was a great idea, at first, I didn't agree either. But, it makes sense. If I had Anna on my arm, no one would even suspect Kaysee. Even if a rumor got out, it wouldn't be believable if everybody saw me with Anna. I waited til later that night to call Kaysee, she was ignoring all my texts, I just wanted to give her a little space.

"Hello." To my surprise she answered.

"Hey." I said. 

"What do you want?" She said with attitude. 

"I just wanted to see if you were okay." I sighed.

"I'm perfectly fine. My boyfriend wants to be his ex-girlfriends, PRETEND boyfriend. I'm feeling perfectly fine, Tommy." She said, I could tell she sounded like she was about to cry.

"Kaysee, do you not understand where i'm coming from?" I questioned. 

"I guess not!" She yelled before hanging up. 

"Ughh!" I yelled before punching a hole into my wall. I was so frustrated, and angry. 

"Woah there." My brother said as he walked in the room.

"What?!" I yelled at him.

"Chill. What's the matter?" He asked.

"Kaysee. This whole relationship. She acts so naive and dumb sometimes. Like she doesn't understand why I really don't want people to see us out in public." I vented.

"And why not?" My brother asked with a raised eyebrow and a smirk on his face.

"Because.. Because..." 

"Because she's a black chick." He read my mind. I didn't say anything. 

"Who cares; She's a freaking gorgeous black chick. You know how many guys would kill to have her. Color doesn't matter when it comes down to beauty and the type of person she is. If you 'love' her like you say you do, you wouldn't be so concerned with what all your lame friends think." He said.

"I wouldn't want them to talk about her. I don't want her friends to talk about me." I sighed.

"I honestly don't think it's that big of a deal. Either you grow up and take care of that girl or step aside and let a real man handle it." He said as he got up and left. 

Those words stuck with me, but I still wasn't going back on my plan. It was going to work, it was fullproof and I knew it. 

KAYSEE

I cried myself to sleep and when I got to school the next day, I knew it wouldn't be the last of my tears. I walked down the hall to my locker and saw Anna hugged up on Tommy. He was standing with all his friends with his arm wrapped around her waist. I tried not to look, but my eyes wouldn't look anywhere else. Anna saw me and grinned before winking and going back to her conversation. I rolled my eyes and opened my locker. I took out my books and slammed my locker shut. 

"Woah, what the hell is wrong with her?" I heard his friend, Rodney say. 

"Ha. Diary of a mad black woman." Anna snickered. 

I picked up my pace as tears started to fall from my eyes, I walked quickly down the hall with my head down. I crashed into someone who quickly grabbed me to keep me from falling. I looked up and saw Tommy's brother.